1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M confirmed for Q1/2014

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by Poki, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Hi all,

after months of harassing the Zeiss guys I finally got an answer!

screen-capture-1.

I'm looking forward to see the design of the prototype next week!

Are you considering to buy this lens?

2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    50mm? Nah, that focal length falls smack in the middle of no-man's land for me, anything between 35mm and 70mm doesn't really rock my boat. And I don't need an AF macro lens, MF is fine for me.

3. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    I like the focal length on APS-C sensors. Do I need AF for macro work? For sure not. But heck I'm gonna use this lens for much more than just macro. Actually, some of the best portraits I've seen were shot on Zeiss Makro-Planar lenses, their color and contrast rendition just seems perfect to me.

On top of that, it should be one of the best 50mm landscape lenses with its flat field rendering and lack of distortion. Getting a lens that's also great for macro and still life is a nice bonus to have.

4. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Now also Photographyblog confirms the lens will be for sale starting early 2014 and has a maximum magnification of 1:1. Also, they state there will be another Touit lens in 2014, and although they don't have any information on which lens it is right now, it should be a fast portrait lens between 60mm and 85mm.

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/carl_zeiss_touit_50mm_f_2.8/

We should get a picture of the prototype in a few hours when Photo Plus Expo opens its doors.

5. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    I'm already kind of swimming in 50-60mm macro lenses at the moment, and for what I'm doing I actually prefer 100mm.

If it proves to be a super performer and does the 1:1 thing without extensions and offers AF and EXIF data, that ought to be of great use to some folks.

6. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    The design looks not great, but okay. I'll buy it anyway, should have great performance.

Edit: Looks much sexier on the other photo Zeiss posted on their Facebook wall - takes some getting used to I guess.

8. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    • Like Like x 1