• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Showcase Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Veteran
Added a couple more. Again with my AD200.
The second one is my winner. So many great details in it :)

The struggle for white balance reminds me how amazing the human eye and brain are. I take most of my music pics on a stage where I have no control of the lighting (and, frankly, wouldn't know what to do if I did) which is a hotchpotch mix of old fluorescent, cfl, those small, bright tubes I temporarily forget the name of, and some mixed LEDs. To the eye, it all looks fine, if a little warm, which our minds see as cosy and pleasant. To the camera, on the hand, a slight change of angle or movement of the head can make the person's face deep orange, especially if they have dark skin tones.

It's a small price to pay for the opportunity to attend the non-public concerts with my camera, of course :)

SpecFoto

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jim
The second one is my winner. So many great details in it :)
Thank you for that. The 55 f1.8 ZA is a very sharp lens and is almost off the charts between f2.8-4, where both of the shots were taken to have more of the model in focus. These are with my 24MP A7III and the detail is excellent. I have since upgraded to the A7RIV and look forward to being able to shoot in a studio again with the 55. Most likely I will need to learn how to soften close-up photos like this, because of too much detail and skin imperfections. :laugh:

Last edited:

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Veteran
BMW detail. I should have used a smaller aperture !
I wonder if the 50mm GM wouldn't do a better job than this. Silly me ! Sure it would be better than this ! :whistling:
2021-04-07%4010.11.59-X4.jpg
ILCE-7M3    FE 55mm F1.8 ZA    55mm    f/2.5    1/800s    ISO 100

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Veteran
One way to share C19 ! 😢 🤷‍♂️
i-RkHKGdD-X4.jpg
ILCE-7M3    FE 55mm F1.8 ZA    55mm    f/5.0    1/125s    ISO 160

Latest posts

Top Bottom