• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Showcase Zeiss 28mm f/2.8 (Contax Distagon T*) (Carl Zeiss)

eno789

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
DSC02613.jpg

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Beautiful shots, Brian. Looks like a wonderful place to be this time of year.

nathanh

TalkEmount Regular

Curious to know which adapter you are using.

Were these shot on the A7 or A6000?

Does Picassa down sample the images? If I click through and expand, the softness looks more like a jpg conversion artifact than something to do with the lens or shooting technique.

eno789

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Curious to know which adapter you are using.

Were these shot on the A7 or A6000?

Does Picassa down sample the images? If I click through and expand, the softness looks more like a jpg conversion artifact than something to do with the lens or shooting technique.

You're right - I think it's mostly the lousy Picasa JPG conversion. It was 2012, and was using NEX 5N. I just re-exported, and uploaded one to Flickr, with full size.

17341518042_d32fe1f430_b.jpg
Bishop Canyon
by B Zhou, on Flickr

DYNOBOB

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Bob
A7 + CY Zeiss 28/2.8 on Novoflex adapter. Most shots at f8, in-camera jpegs, no-post, some cropped. I bought this lens because reviewers said it was a legendary landscape lens. I think it strikes a nice balance between wide angle and not making people look weird.

i-XL8dSQw.jpg

i-V73wG3n.jpg

i-FtCdr5S.jpg

i-4GWbzhd.jpg

i-G3cQVQJ.jpg

i-VCbnkRx.jpg

i-c7nGVcv.jpg

i-3wbzrSr.jpg

i-Js2vF32.jpg

i-x5dBLRr.jpg

i-HVS5HM5.jpg

i-kqPKQ9m.jpg

i-HTdqJn2.jpg

i-7bHbkjh.jpg

i-FXcR6q2.jpg

i-FZQJTc4.jpg

i-Nx7PX8X.jpg

i-M2BLfj4.jpg

i-DCvVCXn.jpg

i-h9DfFdM.jpg

Last edited:
A7 + CY Zeiss 28/2.8 on Novoflex adapter. Most shots at f8, in-camera jpegs, no-post, some cropped. I bought this lens because reviewers said it was a legendary landscape lens. I think it strikes a nice balance between wide angle and not making people look weird.
i-3wbzrSr.jpg
Enjoyable series. Oddly enough, this one's my favorite, can keep looking at it.

Nexnut

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Ken
Enjoyable series. Oddly enough, this one's my favorite, can keep looking at it.
Ripe for a holiday, Ad? :) I could need one as well.

I have a nice copy of that lens too. It's one of my favorite Zeissies but I haven't used it in years. I guess for a walk-around lens I favor the FOV of my 24mm Zuiko on APS-C over the better microcontrast of the Zeiss.

Ripe for a holiday, Ad? :) I could need one as well.

I have a nice copy of that lens too. It's one of my favorite Zeissies but I haven't used it in years. I guess for a walk-around lens I favor the FOV of my 24mm Zuiko on APS-C over the better microcontrast of the Zeiss.
Holiday? Hardly ever, but if you ask me if I like to have time for my own, always! I travel a lot these days, 15 minute bike rides to the city center :).

I've had such a Distagon 2.8/28 for my NEX-6 at the time, but I sold it. It was easily the best 28mm I had in terms of sharpness and contrast but I didn't like its cool colors and inky black shadows.

Nexnut

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Ken
Holiday? Hardly ever, but if you ask me if I like to have time for my own, always! I travel a lot these days, 15 minute bike rides to the city center :).
I've done that for years, great exercise.

I've had such a Distagon 2.8/28 for my NEX-6 at the time, but I sold it. It was easily the best 28mm I had in terms of sharpness and contrast but I didn't like its cool colors and inky black shadows.
Yeah, that's one cool, contrasty lens for sure, especially compared to the warmer, dream-like rendering of the 24mm Zuiko. The SEL28f20 however seems to sit somewhere between those extremes. Great little lens IMO, even sharper throughout the frame and the distortion issues wouldn't bother me too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom