• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Zeiss 16-70 or Sony 18-200

christina84

New to TalkEmount
Hi everyone, I currently own an a6000 and have 35 and 50 1.8 prime lenses. I shoot mostly pictures of family and of my toddler. Looking for something to compliment my prime lenses. Was really interested in the Zeiss 24 1.8, but felt I may benefit more from adding a lens with a zoom to my collection. TIA!

scott0487

TalkEmount Regular
I have that exact combo: 35, 50, and 16-70. They all serve their distinct purposes, but I really like the 16-70 for traveling and walking around. It has great pop and is perfectly balanced with the a6000 in a way that makes it a joy to use. It's not without some controversy given the price point, but I have found it a great complement to the other lenses. Can't speak to the 18-200, which many also seem to like (I found it too large).

christina84

New to TalkEmount
Thank you! Ok, good to know. I agree too. I bought the 16-70 and really like it.

Rich-L

New to TalkEmount
They dropped the price on the 16-70 by $100 here in the US, and now sold out at Amazon, BH, and Adorama... Adorama was also throwing in a $50 gift card... Why trying so hard to liquidate the lens stock?

New version coming?

Latest threads

Top Bottom