1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Youtube video review issues or lame review? From NEX-6 to 6000 with mostly manual lenses..worth it?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by shaolin95, May 2, 2014.

1. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    So this video ...are they making any valid points?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIwTmGTuwlQ

Really the whole thing about looks and not as FUN to use sounded kind of stupid and BS to me but just wondering what you guys think.

I am coming from NEX-6 so probably much easier for me to switch anyway.

Also their results of only 2 shots were sharp in the focusing test was not very promising but then again, from what I recall the SEL50F18 is like the slowest focusing lens.

Any thoughts or pretty bad video overall?

Also, I have read about the upgrades from the Nex-6 and AF but if most of my lenses are currently manual, am I going to get much on an upgrade from the Nex-6 in reality?

2. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    I already posted this here

https://www.talkemount.com/showthread.php?t=6530

I think the video was fair. I think having fun with a camera is a subjective but very real thing. It's like how many people in this forum shoot with legacy lenses. A pure objective test will tell you those lenses are inferior to modern lenses built to take advantage of digital sensors, yet people have more fun with them. The emotional connection to the character of these lenses allow them to take better pictures be more creative.

In the end, they basically said the a6000 was technically the better camera.

Also if your lenses are manual, I don't see much value in upgrading from NEX 6.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

3. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    I was thinking the same about the AF if I am using many manual lenses (not to say I wont enjoy having extra AF for my E lenses of course) but someone gave me this list of extra things that are interesting too:

4. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    No question those things are better than NEX 6, but will you notice them day-to-day based on how you typically shoot? I thought about those things and decided that new lenses would have more impact than the new body for me.