1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

YouTube Channels of Members, etc.

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Hawkman, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    I've noticed that several members do some pretty good videos of their own and have their own YouTube channels (@sliver-surfer@sliver-surfer @fractal@fractal and others among them). I thought I'd try kicking off a thread to showcase those channels and/or videos here... and any other photography-related YouTube channels my fellow members like and want to share.

Of course, I'll also kick it off with a "new" video from my own YouTube channel. In it I unbox my Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN C and do a size comparison with the 30mm f/2.8 DN Art and Sony's own 5mm f/1.8 OSS.

I also posted a brief note on my blog about the video and channel:
    Video: Unboxing the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary

I actually created this YouTube channel (under a different name at the time) several years ago when I first got my Sony A3000 entry-level E-mount camera. I’ve now re-named it to match my blog, f1point4, and have already begun posting my backlog of recorded gear and gadget unboxings… and one or two that are a bit… different. I plan to add some photo gear reviews and how-tos in the coming weeks and months as well.

So, as I often say, “Enjoy!” Oh, and if you like what you see - and have a Google/YouTube account - consider commenting, hitting the like button, and subscribing (especially the subscribing part) in order to help me build the channel. I really do have some more stuff beyond unboxings planned... but I also have a big backlog of unboxing video I've shot over the last couple years.

• Like Like x 6
  2. mstphoto

mstphoto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 26, 2016
    Aberdeen, NE Scotland
    Mike Stephen
    I don't have any videos of my own - I doubt if anyone would understand my accent anyway

This is one of the guys I follow most of all.
    I really like how he processes his images using his own masking software.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. mstphoto

mstphoto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 26, 2016
    Aberdeen, NE Scotland
    Mike Stephen
    Almost forget a wee AV I posted on YT 7 years ago
    All images taken within a short distance of home, but sadly no Sony cameras
    Enjoy

• Like Like x 2
  4. I manage a small gauge film archive, but do not make movies.

Here is a interesting one I digitized...

• Like Like x 2
  5. argyle

argyle TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 24, 2018
    I have a small channel with my son. We have a lot of fun making the videos. We are just starting to make a series of minidocs. We hope to have the first one wrapped up in a month or so. Number shooting starts this Wednesday and hopefully be finished by August.

If anyone thinks a cross promotion / collaboration would work, we are open to the idea. We only have a little more than 1200 subscribers.

Here is a representative video.

• Like Like x 4
  6. I have 300+ films that need digitizing in my archive. Sadly YouTube banned me after just 6 uploads. Have no place to put them as of now. Still photography is much easier to get out there.

7. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
  8. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Vimeo?

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.