YouTube Channels of Members, etc.

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Hawkman, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    I've noticed that several members do some pretty good videos of their own and have their own YouTube channels (@sliver-surfer@sliver-surfer @fractal@fractal and others among them). I thought I'd try kicking off a thread to showcase those channels and/or videos here... and any other photography-related YouTube channels my fellow members like and want to share.

Of course, I'll also kick it off with a "new" video from my own YouTube channel. In it I unbox my Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN C and do a size comparison with the 30mm f/2.8 DN Art and Sony's own 5mm f/1.8 OSS.

I also posted a brief note on my blog about the video and channel:
    Video: Unboxing the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary

I actually created this YouTube channel (under a different name at the time) several years ago when I first got my Sony A3000 entry-level E-mount camera. I’ve now re-named it to match my blog, f1point4, and have already begun posting my backlog of recorded gear and gadget unboxings… and one or two that are a bit… different. I plan to add some photo gear reviews and how-tos in the coming weeks and months as well.

So, as I often say, “Enjoy!” Oh, and if you like what you see - and have a Google/YouTube account - consider commenting, hitting the like button, and subscribing (especially the subscribing part) in order to help me build the channel. I really do have some more stuff beyond unboxings planned... but I also have a big backlog of unboxing video I've shot over the last couple years.

• Like Like x 6
  2. mstphoto

mstphoto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 26, 2016
    Aberdeen, NE Scotland
    Mike Stephen
    I don't have any videos of my own - I doubt if anyone would understand my accent anyway

This is one of the guys I follow most of all.
    I really like how he processes his images using his own masking software.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. mstphoto

mstphoto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 26, 2016
    Aberdeen, NE Scotland
    Mike Stephen
    Almost forget a wee AV I posted on YT 7 years ago
    All images taken within a short distance of home, but sadly no Sony cameras
    Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  4. I manage a small gauge film archive, but do not make movies.

Here is a interesting one I digitized...

• Like Like x 1