Youth theatre

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by davect01, Oct 28, 2011.

1. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Disclaimer: I am not a videographer and there was no editing involved with these shots. I am posting these to show what a normal person with none of these skills can do with the NEX.

I shot these two videos a couple of weeks ago. The quality was really good. Shot with the 18-55mm at about 40 yards away and resting on my knee. These were of a local youth play, in which my 7 year old niece is performing.

Make sure and change to 720 resolution for the best effect.
    [video=youtube;aZNq9gZDp78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZNq9gZDp78 [/video]

[video=youtube;m-KO7uLMyl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-KO7uLMyl4 [/video]

However, this is a camera that takes videos, not a video recorder. A few of the features that a video recorder has that my NEX does not are:

1- Zoom control. Try zooming with a manual zoom lens while trying to stay in focus and have no camera shake.

2- Focusing. In order to stay focused you must keep your finger on the shutter. Holding the camera steady and keeping your finger still for any duration is a bit challenging.

These two items are no problem as long as you subject does not move around a whole lot. However, if they are moving around you are going to have issues staying in focus and stable.

3-Stabilization. My recorder is very good at helping me hide the little movements. The NEX shows up a whole lot more.

4- Light. There is no external light for night time shooting.

All that aside, the NEX does take a remarkable video for a camera. It is great to know that if I need to take a video I can. What we do as a family is that I take the camera and my wife takes the video recorder. I focus on stills, she focuses on videos.

2. Archer

Archer TalkEmount Regular

Aug 19, 2013
    London, England
    Very nice - you should change the description on YouTube so other's considering buying an NEX Camera can find your video example

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Good suggestion.