• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

You're Never Going to Be the Best Photographer

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
I am involved in two creative arts - music and photography. Both are mostly hobbies, so that may color my perception. Anyway though there were times I wanted to be a top tier musician, I have realized some time ago it just is not going to happen. I was only ever so-so in photography I think. The point is, I am mostly OK about it. No pressure but what is self-imposed to be the best I can be, and I am free to do what I like instead of what must be done to satisfy a client or fans. And that creative freedom is part of what made it attractive to learn these arts in the first place. So I still win. :)

TedG954

Super Moderator
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf
I completely agree. I'm never going to be the best of anything, and like you, I'm okay with that. Somebody is always going to be better, and somebody is always going to be worse than me. I've got my place in the scheme of things and I'll always make the best of it. I've learned to be satisfied and happy in any of my endeavors and conditions. :dance4:

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
I completely agree. I'm never going to be the best of anything, and like you, I'm okay with that. Somebody is always going to be better, and somebody is always going to be worse than me. I've got my place in the scheme of things and I'll always make the best of it. I've learned to be satisfied and happy in any of my endeavors and conditions. :dance4:

Ha ha, I had breast cancer 20 years ago and at that time my thoughts were much the same ...... i.e someone is always worse than me but some are going to be in a much better place also! So in the same vein I accept my limitations in photography and dance, my two passions. My friends always praise my photos but I know they haven't really looked at the pro's so I take it with a pinch of salt. I'm happy if I take something that pleases but mostly it's a creative outlet for me. If I had my youth over again I would seriously have some training in both ;)

Latest threads

Top Bottom