• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Your Bad Shots

sapoeijoek

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Edwin
Shooting model Johanna in various yoga poses, I inadvertently framed her in this shot with her foot extending beyond the white background. If I wanted to use this shot (luckily I had many others to choose from) I would have needed to clone in the background around her foot. Not the biggest Photoshop project but, a bit of a PITA. I could easily have solved the problem by stepping a tad to my right as I shot.
View attachment 104040
This was a really amateur mistake. The moral of this is, always look at your background, don't fixate on the subject. No matter how attractive that subject may be:dash2: Luckily her smile was just as bright in many other images...
Uhmmm the subject and her posing are very distracting! I will definitely make a mistake :D

sven karma

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
mark evans
Top tip for the unintended abstract photographer: silent shutter is your friend.

DSC07292-01.jpeg
ILCE-7S    ----    0mm    f/1.0    1/125s    ISO 100

Tipton

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Rae Leggett
Not poop....pine cones.
_DSC1527.jpg
   ---            

Tipton

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Rae Leggett
This requires a little story.
I recently visited the Cranbrook Institute. It's an artsy fartsy school/gardens/museum type place. Pretty nice for a photography visit, and it's free.
There were these four cherub statues in the garden there, and I thought...hey, it'd be cool to stack these in photoshop.

_DSC1541.jpg
   ---            
_DSC1542.jpg
   ---            
_DSC1543.jpg
   ---            
_DSC1544.jpg
   ---            

Well, after I photoshopped these cute guys, it spit out this monstrosity:

_DSC1544-2.jpg
   ---            

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Jeff
I wanted to focus on the goose but there was too much brush in-between us to make it look good.
SON01045.jpeg
ILCE-6300    E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS    210mm    f/6.3    1/400s    ISO 800

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I mostly go to, and photograph, music concerts rather than dance. But that's no excuse* for this fail...

how-not-to.JPG
ILCE-6500    E 50mm F1.8 OSS    50mm    f/2.0    1/250s    ISO 640

:laugh1:

*well, ok... yes it is. I am slightly amazed that I even managed to hit the shutter at the right moment.

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Continuous drive mode is your new best friend. ;)
Yes, although I fear the number of pics I would end up with to go through. This is the closest I came to capturing a jump that day...

how-not-to2.JPG
ILCE-6500    E 50mm F1.8 OSS    50mm    f/1.8    1/1000s    ISO 2500

Better, but still a fail. (never mind the exposure and stuff: the pic is not worth spending time on). Oh... I did take some good pics that day! This was last week and I'm still three weeks behind on the editing. It was just easy to pick two for this thread

Reactions: WNG

Clix Pix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
8 miles from the Tysons (Virginia) Apple Store
Some years ago I was trying to shoot gulls flying around our little lake, and some were coming pretty close to my deck.... I kept firing away. Well.... sometimes my timing was a little off:

DSC_2483a copy.jpg
NIKON D200    ---    200mm    f/11.0    1/640s    ISO 800

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
... ... ... Well.... sometimes my timing was a little off:
Back in the days of film, I got a batch of prints back, and wondered why I had taken a picture of the corner of a table top. Then I noticed the end of the cat tail, sticking up vertically. Just the last few inches.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount All-Pro
People keep saying that the Sony A6xxx cameras have bad ergonomics but, I think that the ergonomics of the Sony's are great compared to the ergonomics of my iPhone, especially when it is in a case. I frequently get part of the case as well as my finger in the image. I have problems seeing the image in the LCD when I am in the bright sun so, I missed the finger,,,
Fire.jpg
Apple    iPhone 6s Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2    4mm    f/2.2    1/699s    ISO 25

Of course, cropping is always an option... Especially since the iPhone lens is so darned wide... Quality suffers though!
Fire cropped.jpg
Apple    iPhone 6s Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2    4mm    f/2.2    1/699s    ISO 25

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount All-Pro
i-MjfQxvH-X2.jpg
ILCE-7M3    FE 135mm F1.8 GM    135mm    f/1.8    1/1000s    ISO 100

sapoeijoek

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Edwin
Yes, although I fear the number of pics I would end up with to go through. This is the closest I came to capturing a jump that day...

View attachment 107483

Better, but still a fail. (never mind the exposure and stuff: the pic is not worth spending time on). Oh... I did take some good pics that day! This was last week and I'm still three weeks behind on the editing. It was just easy to pick two for this thread
Is she actually jumping, hanging on a bar or floating? ?

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
People keep saying that the Sony A6xxx cameras have bad ergonomics but, I think that the ergonomics of the Sony's are great compared to the ergonomics of my iPhone, especially when it is in a case. ...
It seems to have become the norm in mobile-phone design to put the camera in one corner. Just where one wants to grip the thing. Any camera has better ergonomics than this.

PS... great pic!
Is she actually jumping, hanging on a bar or floating? ?
She is jumping. These dancers do some amazing stuff, but floating would be asking a bit too much ;). And they don't hang off anything.

I don't go to many dance performances, but when I eventually get a good pic of a jump, I'll be sure to post it!

Latest threads

Top Bottom