1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Yongnuo YN560-II not working on a6000

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by pworden, Apr 29, 2014.

1. pworden

pworden TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 26, 2013
    State College, PA
    Patti
    ... But does work as usual on my NEX- both cameras are set to fill flash. I also tried the Yongnuo YN-560 III with the same result. Is there a difference in the hotshoe between NEX-6 and the a6000? Would the channel setting be different? I haven't tried the trigger yet, since at present I just want to connect it directly. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. pworden

pworden TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 26, 2013
    State College, PA
    Patti
    Did get the II to work after twisting a bit and turning tightening quite a bit. Not easy and not a good fit. No luck with the III yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Revrock

Revrock TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 7, 2013
    I got my III to work, but it doesn't fit well and won't fire consistenly unless I actively push down on the flash, getting the pin to connect with the hotshoe. It's a nuisance and disappointment. I slide it onto my Canon Rebel and it works like a charm. My RF 603 trigger works ok, it tightens and fits very well with the a6000 hotshoe and fires consistently, but not the 560 III as of yet.

4. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    There has been some talk that Sony ISO shoe isn't as deep as others so the central pin doesn't contact correctly. If that is case filing some plastic from the front of flashes may help.

I rally don't know if this is true and as the central pin is very large this shouldn't be the case.