Yongnuo 560 III flash and Sony a7

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by pjtan25, Oct 18, 2014.

1. pjtan25

pjtan25 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. adroitfan

adroitfan New to TalkEmount

May 5, 2014
    USA
    Just got the Nikon version today, and works great on A7s. Previously I was using modified RF-603N as transmitter, but had to make all changes directly on flashes. This new controller opens up many more options to speed things up. Great investment, especially given the price
    Only hiccup I had was remembering to turn off the silent mode of A7s so flash would fire. Details, details.
    I gave up on the printed directions from the YN560-TX and found a short video on YouTube about pairing and setting up groups. Now that I have seen the process it all makes sense. So far the commander does everything you would expect. You can remotely change all the settings on the flashes in multiple groups. Recommended as much as the flashes themselves. Perfect for my needs

3. Vincepad

Vincepad TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    I just received three 560III and a transmitter today. So far in a quick test, they seemed to work exactly as expected.

4. van

van TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    Been using the Yongnuo 560 II (2) with my Sony a7s. Works great, no complaints.

5. pjtan25

Dec 26, 2011
    Is there a specific 560-TX trigger model for Sony A7?
    Or does either the Nikon or Canon version work on the Sony?

6. Vincepad

Dec 29, 2013
    None of the triggers available will give you TTL metering. I went with the YN560-TX transmitter, which gives me the ability to adjust the flashes in up to six groups from the camera It's an excellent solution.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vincepad

Dec 29, 2013
    To be clear - the YN560-TX is brand agnostic. All brands use the same trigger. Yong Nuo does make transmitters for Canon and Sony for the flashes that can do TTL metering for their systems As of now, there is no Sony equivalent of those flashes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pjtan25

Dec 26, 2011
    Can you please share the Youtube link?

Thanks.