1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Yellow Rumped Warbler dropped by for a visit this morning

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, Jan 30, 2015.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    ( Yellow patch is mostly noticeable when wings are open fluttering / flying )

Canon FDn 400/4.5 on NEX-7

• Like Like x 7
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Lovely!

• Like Like x 1
  3. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I can't see what you see but I'm thinking I'm having less 'dark' photos...and I think it may be a result of not being married to 'Spot' metering for each and every shot like I had been...have been experimenting with 'Center' metering the last several days

• Like Like x 1
  4. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    I was going to comment on that. Seems brighter and better detail coming through.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Agree ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    And I have that little "histogram" graph now turned on in the lower right hand corner of the EVF...trying to condition myself to be aware of it and have it become 2nd nature...just plodding along the learning curve, LOL

7. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Very nice shot. I used to always use the level gauge but since I started using the histogram I don't think I could live without it :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I tried that level gauge but found it too intrusive / took up too much space / was a distraction.
    Found something called "grid lines"...which are very fine and I hardly know they're there, look right past them, etc...but they're a simple and big help if I want to check alignment on something in particular