1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Yashica TL ElectroX working with the nex 7

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by freddytto, Nov 21, 2012.

1. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    hello friends, today I received this camera Yashica TL Electro X, to be honest my friend Jack had seen me with my nex7 a couples weeks ago, so we talked of everything, photography, family, and he told me about his brother was a great photographer for many years, and he now lives in Germany and had a old camera in the basement storing dust, then said it going to give me,so as a joke I said, to changed the camera for turkey, because work in a butcher shop, so today Jack came to pick some steaks and gave me the camera and I gave the turkey, :), anyway when I opened the old leather backpack I was very surprised inside was 2 lenses and 1 teleconverter 3x, has nothing to dust, and scratches, beautiful, well-preserved to be from 1968.

Yashica TL ElectroX with Auto Vivitar Wide Angle 28mm f/2.8

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/freddy_007/8206470049/" title="Yashica TL by Freddytto Robles, on Flickr">"1024" height="683" alt="Yashica TL"></a>

Yashinon DX 1,7 / 50mm
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/freddy_007/8206473395/" title="Yashica TL by Freddytto Robles, on Flickr"> 8206473395_ce4157af97_b. "1024" height="684" alt="Yashica TL"></a>

Soligor Tele-Auto 200mm F3.5
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/freddy_007/8206469953/" title="Yashica TL by Freddytto Robles, on Flickr">"1024" height="662" alt="Yashica TL"></a>

I've been reviewing some more about this lenses and I think it's M42, anyone of you have more information about this?

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Nice! As I've said in another thread, this was my first serious camera. It is a M42 mount & some of those old Yashica lenses are held in high regard. This one looks like it's almost brand new. It's a super easy camera to use. If you can find a battery for it you should grab a roll of film and go shoot it.

I think it was teefin that started the other recent post about this camera & that thread has a link to the manual. In many ways I wish I hadn't traded up from this camera to a Yashica FR, but I really wanted bayonet mount lenses at the time. Foolish youth. :)

p.s.- here's the link to that thread.

3. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Thanks for the information if, in fact is in excellent condition, had a roll of film inside, I hope to get it in Radioshack and buy the battery tomorrow or Friday and I will try some shots. :)

4. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Oh, oh... Freddy's going old school all the way! :)

Congrats for the neat score, not bad for a turkey swap...

5. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    : D tomorrow morning to see if I can take some pictures with this camera, I've already ordered the adapter for this lenses, I hope it get soon.

6. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    It's beautiful. Congratulations.

7. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012

8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011