• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Yashica TL ElectroX working with the nex 7

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
hello friends, today I received this camera Yashica TL Electro X, to be honest my friend Jack had seen me with my nex7 a couples weeks ago, so we talked of everything, photography, family, and he told me about his brother was a great photographer for many years, and he now lives in Germany and had a old camera in the basement storing dust, then said it going to give me,so as a joke I said, to changed the camera for turkey, because work in a butcher shop, so today Jack came to pick some steaks and gave me the camera and I gave the turkey, :), anyway when I opened the old leather backpack I was very surprised inside was 2 lenses and 1 teleconverter 3x, has nothing to dust, and scratches, beautiful, well-preserved to be from 1968.

Yashica TL ElectroX with Auto Vivitar Wide Angle 28mm f/2.8

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/freddy_007/8206470049/" title="Yashica TL by Freddytto Robles, on Flickr">View attachment 27493"1024" height="683" alt="Yashica TL"></a>

Yashinon DX 1,7 / 50mm
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/freddy_007/8206473395/" title="Yashica TL by Freddytto Robles, on Flickr">
8206473395_ce4157af97_b.jpg
"1024" height="684" alt="Yashica TL"></a>

Soligor Tele-Auto 200mm F3.5
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/freddy_007/8206469953/" title="Yashica TL by Freddytto Robles, on Flickr">View attachment 27495"1024" height="662" alt="Yashica TL"></a>

I've been reviewing some more about this lenses and I think it's M42, anyone of you have more information about this?

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Nice! As I've said in another thread, this was my first serious camera. It is a M42 mount & some of those old Yashica lenses are held in high regard. This one looks like it's almost brand new. It's a super easy camera to use. If you can find a battery for it you should grab a roll of film and go shoot it.

I think it was teefin that started the other recent post about this camera & that thread has a link to the manual. In many ways I wish I hadn't traded up from this camera to a Yashica FR, but I really wanted bayonet mount lenses at the time. Foolish youth. :)

p.s.- here's the link to that thread.

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
Nice! As I've said in another thread, this was my first serious camera. It is a M42 mount & some of those old Yashica lenses are held in high regard. This one looks like it's almost brand new. It's a super easy camera to use. If you can find a battery for it you should grab a roll of film and go shoot it.

I think it was teefin that started the other recent post about this camera & that thread has a link to the manual. In many ways I wish I hadn't traded up from this camera to a Yashica FR, but I really wanted bayonet mount lenses at the time. Foolish youth. :)

p.s.- here's the link to that thread.

Thanks for the information if, in fact is in excellent condition, had a roll of film inside, I hope to get it in Radioshack and buy the battery tomorrow or Friday and I will try some shots. :)

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Oh, oh... Freddy's going old school all the way! :)

Congrats for the neat score, not bad for a turkey swap...

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
Oh, oh... Freddy's going old school all the way! :)

Congrats for the neat score, not bad for a turkey swap...

: D tomorrow morning to see if I can take some pictures with this camera, I've already ordered the adapter for this lenses, I hope it get soon.

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran

If you were local Bimjo id give you my copy for free ;)

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim

If you were local Bimjo id give you my copy for free ;)

That's a very kind offer, but I still have the FR and two Contax RTS IIs that I haven't used in 6 or 7 years. More film cameras I don't need. I think. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom