Yashica ML's on A7 (oh, and some Fuji XT-1 shots)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by f/otographer, Jan 31, 2014.

1. f/otographer

f/otographer TalkEmount Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Went to test out the A7 today. Im really liking what I see in the new Fuji XT-1 from what I have seen of its release and I realized that the XT-1/speedbooster combo I would get would be more expensive then an A7. So thought I would give it a try.

Popped on some ML's and got some nice results. The first two shots are from the ML 50/1.7 and the third shot is from the ML Macro 55/4.

nice bokeh

Holy Mary Mother of God Hand Cannon

So after this I went over to another shop that carries Fuji cameras. And who just happened to be there? The freaking Fuji Rep. And what did he happen to have? The freaking XT-1. My greasy mitts were all over it....

First shot is me trying to figure out how Im gonna steal the little gem in my hands as the Fuji rep takes my photo. The second shot is from the XT-1 at 1600 ISO. The third is at 6400 ISO. Forgive my crappy photos, but composition and focus wasnt the foremost things on my mind.

there has got to be some way outta here, said the joker to the theif...

iso 1600

iso 6400, pretty clean
    • Like Like x 10
  2. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Heh the shopkeeper seems to be saying "Not likely!"
  3. Armanius

Armanius TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Houston Texas USA
    Very nice!

I've been eyeing that XT1 as well, and decided to pre-order. It's ironic that I was trying to get away from "DSLR's", and now I may have three mirrorless cameras with the DSLR humps!
  4. f/otographer

f/otographer TalkEmount Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Haha, good one querza. :)

Armanius, I know what you mean. But dont think of the hump as a DSLR feature. The EVF can use the hump just like the optical VF. But the bulky mirrorbox, a definite trademark of DSLR's, is gone for good. :)
    • Like Like x 1