Worried about my wife

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by chalkdust, Jan 3, 2016.

1. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    She is smarter than I am and tends to be better at things than I am. She has, in the past given me some areas in which she does not participate, so I can "excel". Photography has been one of those. But for Christmas, she used her bonus and gift money to buy herself a A6000 because she likes what she sees from my recent A7ii.

She has in the past only used point and shoot cameras. But they have become unacceptable. She is an avid digital scrapbooker and wants better images.

I fear I am doomed.

• Funny Funny x 9
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    You're one lucky man I'say!
    I wish my wife would show interest in learning photography...I'd love to have her with me to my photography excursions - always nicer to shoot with companion IMO. You have nothing to worry I think ;)

...But then, if she got to "deep" into photography, I guess I would worry about my wallet, lol :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I love that my wife has taken an interest in photography, but so far it has only been with her iPhone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    I think I have an extra little white flag of surrender I can ship to you... You must've lost the one they gave you when you got married ?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    My wife was the first one into it. So, then I got into it and got into the gear, now she's all like "oh, I don't need to take pictures -- I have you! Can you get the kids out in the backyard for a Christmas Card photo. Here's what I need..."

So, to sum up, she is indeed smarter than me.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Lucille

Lucille TalkEmount Veteran

May 22, 2013
    You are doomed. We all know women know best and clearly see things better. I say you take up sewing or needle point or something.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Look at it this way - if she acquires GAS you are going to have lots of toys to play with and no one will complain about all the money being spent. :drinks:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    LOL! Not only is it a closet full of shoes, but a room full of lenses! All good in the beginning that she is showing interest. But you and I know what will happen next....when it's time to upgrade, she will hand you the a6000, and she annexes the A7ii.

Actually, the a6000 is so darn good, she will be satisfied for a long time. The form factor is its strength. Just make sure you buy 3 extra batteries, or you'll wonder where yours have gone.

9. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    N├Žstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    Hey why do you want to send chalkdust to the emergency room with severe stapwounds from those needles from hell. You know, men and sharp/pointy objects :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. christilou

christilou TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    I'be always been the one interested in photography, I had an Olympus OM10 before we got married so it naturally fell to me to document our girls growing up. Whe he had a trip to Hong Kong he asked me what cam to buy, I chose the Minolta Dynax 7000i which mysteriously became "his"! He barely used it and to this day it sits unused in a cupboard, worthless. Meanwhile my interest has grown and many cams later he still only asks for the cam occasionally when we're on a trip but annoyingly he's much better than me at seeing the bigger picture for scenery!!!! Two clicks and usually he's got a much better landscape than I'll ever get :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  11. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    effortless but disinterested expertise. Is there anything more annoying ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    [christilou]
    Ah, those who are gifted with "The Eye", but squander it. Yes, most frustrating. I'm like you, a long time enthusiast, but also an ongoing task of trying to develop my Eye. I blame it on my ADD and anal analytical half of my brain. :D

• Like Like x 1