1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Woman studio portraits

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Mystic, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Mystic

Mystic TalkEmount Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    Any critique and comments are very welcomed.
    Gear Used - Sony A7 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 and for the last 4 images - E-mount 50mm f/1.8 (shot without crop and cropped in pp)
    thanks for watching.

Airida_1texture. Airida_4.

Airida_6. Airida_8.

Airida_9. Airida_10.

Airida_11. Airida_12.

Airida_13. Airida_14.

Airida_15. Airida_16.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Overall nice work. Very nice lighting, backdrop for 1st group.
    Only critique, either the focus around the eye was missed or the post-processing softened it too much for the FE 28-70 group.
    You nailed it on the last two though.

A surprise how well the SEL5018 represented itself. Focus is better, and there is eyeshine. #2 is my favorite, the others seem too hot. Her skin is bordering on sunburn.

3. Mystic

Mystic TalkEmount Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    Thanks WNG for your input. very helpful.

about the sel5018, well it's usable, but you have to be very cautious and aware when composing, to leave yourself enough of space for inevitable cropping. when you do that, i'ts pretty nice little lens. I wish sony on a7 series would implement more choices of cropping, like full frame, 1.3, and 1.5, i believe many more lenses would be useful on 1.3 crop. but i guess it would not be very profitable for them, to encourage aps-c lenses on full frame.

about the skin.. yeah maybe i overlooked in few pictures. and about the focus.. yeah at least one the focus is not on the face, but on hair, on few others, post proccessing softened more photos than desired..

thanks again for watching and taking the time to comment.