Will you ?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Yadex, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Yadex

Yadex TalkEmount Regular

Jul 4, 2013
    New Jersey
    Will you upgrade from an a6000 to A7 just because you love how the body look ????

I own 2 a6000 and my friend offer me $500 for one of the body's and I found an a7 for $900 used great condition mmmmmm and all my lenses are aps-c
  2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Nope. Because it's not simply $400 more.
    I will assume you have two a6000s for event shooting. Unless you desire to go full-frame I don't see the point given you have no FE lenses.
    Coverage is a problem. You will be spending more money to acquire lenses to use on the A7.

But to each their own. I don't put aesthetics over function or technology.
    If you eventually will get one, then go ahead and pull the trigger now if it makes economic sense to you.
  3. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Ad Dieleman
    I wouldn't because of body looks but hey that's just me. One thing to mind though is that you give up a lot of resolution when using APS-C lenses on the A7: the A7 only delivers 10 MP on APS-C format while the A6000 gives you 24 MP and that's quite a difference. I'd say there's no point in getting an A7 to use APS-C lenses on exclusively. I once did a comparison between the A7 in APS-C mode and the NEX-6 and the A7 didn't offer me a better noise performance either when I resized the output files from both cameras to 10 MP; the NEX-6 files looked a bit sharper, probably because of the extra resolution that usually leads to cleaner files on downsizing.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SamSS

SamSS TalkEmount Regular

Oct 11, 2014
    If you're going for "the look" then there's no need.
    Have you tried an a7 camera before? Since he's your friend, how about asking for a day trial use with one of his FE lens?
    IMO, a7 is a steal at the current used prices. It's a good camera when paired with an OSS lens.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Will I? No. Because I probably could afford the A7 but I'd spend way too much on the lenses.

Also because I already spent a lot of money on a fancy (metabones) speedbooster, so I can get close to full frame quality on my adapted lenses anyway.

I don't think there is any point in buying an A7 unless you can at least afford say the 55mm F1.8 and the 28mm F2. Realistically you probably also want the 70-200. So there is almost 3 grand on top of the 900 for the body.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Alex66

Alex66 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2014
    If you also have the money to get a 55mm and use that focal length a lot then its worth it for that lens, I think the 85mm and 90 mm could be worth getting it for as well. I prefer how the A6000 looks and especially how the Fuji Xe1? looks but I would not buy them due to looks alone, if it can do something that you want go for it on looks not so sure.
    • Like Like x 1