WIFI : Problem connecting NEX 6 to Asus Fonepad or other tablets / smartphone ?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by laurenth34, Mar 30, 2014.

1. laurenth34

laurenth34 New to TalkEmount

Mar 29, 2014
    Sète - FRANCE
    Hello, i'm glad to join this forum.
    I'm a French owner of a new NEX 6, and NEX 3N.
    Sorry for my poor english language, I try to do my best to exchange some informations with you, about our passion : photography.

I use a lot of "old" camera lenses, and I will try to give some pictures examples for all forum user.

I'm very dissapointed with my new NEX 6.
    I can't really use the Wifi connection, witch is one of the interest of this camera (compare to the NEX 3N).

I use a Asus FONEPAD, one of the best phablet you could find, and probably the cheapest (160 euros, but 135 in my case).
    I love this "smartphone", works really good.

But, unfortunatly, I'm not able to connect my NEX 6 to my Fonepad using the WIFI fonction.
    I try to use "Playmemories" on the tablet (and on the NEX 6) : nothing append, no connection.
    I try to use the application "remote" on the NEX 6, and connecting to the Asus Fonepad : no connection.

in booth case, the tablet can view the WIFI point from NEX 6, and let me choose this WIFI connection.
    But when i introduce the password gived by the NEX 6, nothing happend : the connection process don't lead.

Did someone in this community experienced some trouble with WIFI, connecting NEX 6 to a smarphone or tablet ?
    did someone try to connect the NEX 6 by WIFI to a laptop (is this possible ?) ?

Thanks to all,
    Laurent

2. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    I don't remember exactly how but I'm pretty sure you can modify the SSID and password on the NEX? This maybe something you could try.

Scribed henceforth from thy G pad.

3. laurenth34

laurenth34 New to TalkEmount

Mar 29, 2014
    Sète - FRANCE
    Thanks unlo,

i will try this, why not ? in fact, I will try everything to connect the NEX 6 to the Fonepad.

Laurent

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.