1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

WIFI : Problem connecting NEX 6 to Asus Fonepad or other tablets / smartphone ?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by laurenth34, Mar 30, 2014.

1. laurenth34

laurenth34 New to TalkEmount

Mar 29, 2014
    Sète - FRANCE
    Hello, i'm glad to join this forum.
    I'm a French owner of a new NEX 6, and NEX 3N.
    Sorry for my poor english language, I try to do my best to exchange some informations with you, about our passion : photography.

I use a lot of "old" camera lenses, and I will try to give some pictures examples for all forum user.

I'm very dissapointed with my new NEX 6.
    I can't really use the Wifi connection, witch is one of the interest of this camera (compare to the NEX 3N).

I use a Asus FONEPAD, one of the best phablet you could find, and probably the cheapest (160 euros, but 135 in my case).
    I love this "smartphone", works really good.

But, unfortunatly, I'm not able to connect my NEX 6 to my Fonepad using the WIFI fonction.
    I try to use "Playmemories" on the tablet (and on the NEX 6) : nothing append, no connection.
    I try to use the application "remote" on the NEX 6, and connecting to the Asus Fonepad : no connection.

in booth case, the tablet can view the WIFI point from NEX 6, and let me choose this WIFI connection.
    But when i introduce the password gived by the NEX 6, nothing happend : the connection process don't lead.

Did someone in this community experienced some trouble with WIFI, connecting NEX 6 to a smarphone or tablet ?
    did someone try to connect the NEX 6 by WIFI to a laptop (is this possible ?) ?

Thanks to all,
    Laurent

2. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    I don't remember exactly how but I'm pretty sure you can modify the SSID and password on the NEX? This maybe something you could try.

Scribed henceforth from thy G pad.

3. laurenth34

laurenth34 New to TalkEmount

Mar 29, 2014
    Sète - FRANCE
    Thanks unlo,

i will try this, why not ? in fact, I will try everything to connect the NEX 6 to the Fonepad.

Laurent