1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Why am I getting such weird shutter count results

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by JohnNV, Dec 31, 2014.

1. JohnNV

JohnNV New to TalkEmount

Jul 13, 2014
    Northern Nevada
    I'm am getting ready to sell my A6000 and would like to provide the shutter count, but I am getting weird results.

The online tool shows 16 million. There's no way that is correct.

dlXc3kU.

PIE gives me this:

YTLTsjq.

Doing a search of this site and google does not show others having this problem.

What gives? Any Ideas?

2. JohnNV

JohnNV New to TalkEmount

Jul 13, 2014
    Northern Nevada
    Never mind. Figured it out.

Used a RAW photo instead, loaded it direct to the site from the camera and got a much more acceptable result.

mfPlCvZ.

Sorry for the unnecessary post.

3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I learned that if anything is done that might alter the original file name from the camera itself, the shutter count number ends up distorted.
    Your screen shot seems to show a file name of 005...and that doesn't seem typical of the entire string of letters & numbers in most camera file names.

Take a shot with the camera, plug it into the PC, and simply use the entire, unaltered actual file name that came in from the camera.
    Unless there is some other really bizarre problem, that shot's unaltered file name should result in an accurate shutter count.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnNV

JohnNV New to TalkEmount

Jul 13, 2014
    Northern Nevada
    Ultimately that what I did to get a shutter count of 712

The computer was renaming the files, thus messing up the exif data. Using a raw image direct from the camera corrected the issue.

Thanks for your reply.