1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Who's Nex'ed

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by naturecloseups, Feb 23, 2013.

1. naturecloseups

naturecloseups New to TalkEmount

Feb 23, 2013
    Hi there everyone!

Been active in some capacity on the other site mu-43.com for the last couple years.

Very recently I sold off my much beloved E-PL1 along with the native lenses, adapters and nearly all of the adapted lenses. That's the sad part. The happy part is that I now use a Nex 5N and my wife the Nex-C3. Have some adapted Maxxum-mount macro lenses and 2 legacy ones I still kept - the Kiron 105 and Canon FD 200 Macro. Just got a hotshoe adapter for Nex-5N and the 55-210 for use with Nikon 4T -- and I'm ready to rumble!

Just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone on this forum which seems to be as awesome as mu-43.com.

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum and the NEX. We look forward to viewing your observations re: NEX vs. m4/3. :)

3. naturecloseups

Feb 23, 2013
    LoL, for now the only tangible differences are 1) the non-negligible (pardon the double negative) amount of money lost changing systems and 2) electronic first curtain shutter on the 5N :)

4. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Hello and welcome !
    And you'll see we're much better than m4/3, AH !

5. naturecloseups

Feb 23, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome, nianys!

I can sense that already, acid hazard (AH) notwithstanding!

6. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Hello and welcome.