• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Who wants a ThinkTank Photo NEX Line of products!

Brian G. Coffey

New to TalkEmount
Hi everyone. I'm a ThinkTank Photo affiliate and wanted to get some feedback from the public and see if anyone would like to have ThinkTank Photo design some great products just for the NEX series of cameras? feel free to give me any feedback you want....

JJJPhoto

TalkEmount Regular
I want a "modular" bag system for the NEX and m4/3 style cameras ... I want a belt or strap system where you can attach different size bags, lens cases, and accessory pounces to "build" the perfect case for your particular camera, lenses, and accessories.

I know ThinkTank Photo already has a modular case system for DSLRs, but it's too big for NEX and m4/3 cameras.

A smaller modular system would allow NEX owners to have a bag that is as small or as large as they want/need ... it would also give ThinkTank Photo a different type of revenue stream (they can sell "upgrades" or "updates" to your NEX kit rather than trying to convince you to buy a new $150+ bag every few months).

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
I think the Retrospective 5 is a great bag for NEX users, but more bags for smaller systems would be great too!
This is what I use and I agree it's perfect for the NEX. One room for improvement though is the separators inside the bag could be made more sturdy as I find that it gets 'squished' from daily use.

JJJPhoto

TalkEmount Regular
One of my coworkers uses a Retrospective 5 and she loves it, but I personally wanted a larger bag with plenty of room for a laptop so I went for the Urban Disguise 50 V2.0:

Urban Disguise 50 V2.0

It's a little big for just a single NEX body, but I usually carry either two m4/3 cameras, lenses and flashes or a m4/3 camera, lenses, and my NEX-3 with one or two lenses.

I also suspect I'll be glad to have the extra room in the bag when my NEX-7 gets here.

mr_slava

TalkEmount Rookie
I bought the camera because of small factor and from the day 1 didn't intend to carry over bag five times bigger than the camera itself. So I did my choice on hard slick case which fits the camera like a glove. You literally able to put the camera in the case in your pocket. It's very convenient on trips. It's protects camera well as it soft inside. It has tripod mounting nut, no need to remove the case. It has quick release with one finger.
So here is my choice: Protective Carrying Bag for Sony NEX5C Camera - White - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

You ask me where do I put all other stuff ... well what is my wife purse for, hahaha.

neodraig

TalkEmount Rookie
Hi,
It's been a year that I have my NEX-5 and I still havn't found a proper bag.
The bags I can find are way too big because designed for DSLRs or too small as they're meant for point and shoot cameras.
Recently I leaned towards the Domke F803 and the Retrospective 5, but I won't buy neither of them. The Domke doesn't have any small pockets to accomodate my small accessories (memory cards, batteries, remote...) and I found the Retrospective 5 too thick: I won't buy a bag wich can accomodate a DSLR as my little NEX would be lost in such a bag.

It's been a couple of years that the M4/3 cameras and a year for the NEX system have been released and we still can't find proper bags for them, that's crazy.

I just need a bag that doesn't look like a camera bag, where I can fit my NEX with a lens mounted and two other small lenses (what's the point having a NEX if it's to put zoom lenses on it?), some accessories (filters, batteries, memory cards...), my phone and some spare things, BUT I want that bag as thin as It could, just to accomodate a NEX and not a DSLR.

The Retrospective 5 seemed nice though, if it had been a tad thinner, I could have bought it.

stakx

TalkEmount Rookie
I have a set of Skins for my DSLR, and I think it'd be perfect for NEX. The Skin Chimp Cage, which can hold a DSLR w/grip (e.g., Canon 1D-series or Nikon D3-series) could probably hold a NEX + three lenses. The Skin 50, which is slightly smaller, could hold NEX + two or three lenses or lens + flash.

hodad66

Sony Guru
Real Name
John
I'm still using the Think Tank holster that I used with my 5D which
has the convertible, drop-down, extension, I;m usually carrying some
sort of tele.......

JimR

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jim
Retrospective 5 could be a winner but I'd surely take a look at NEX or 4/3 specific products.

jlabate

TalkEmount Regular
I use a Retrospective 5 for my Nex-7 outfit. It's a really nice bag.

Latest threads

Top Bottom