Who has nex aswell as or after fuji

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by scottwillard3, Apr 6, 2014.

1. scottwillard3

scottwillard3 New to TalkEmount

Feb 15, 2014
    I am curious who here uses nex after using fuji or as well as fuji cameras.

I started with nex. Then moved over to fuji. But I am finding that the manual controls can be a hindrance at times, also even with firmware updates focus can be sketchy.

I am finding myself wanting to get the a6000. As it looks very impressive. I handled one yesterday and it felt very nice in the hand.

I am curious if anyone else has been in the situation of coming back to nex. Or has anyone switched to nex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    I had a fuji x10, then bought a nex 5n and never went back.

• Like Like x 1
  3. scottwillard3

Feb 15, 2014
    I started with x10. Then went to nex f3. Then fuji xm1, now I have xm1 and xe1. Still have the others also. Now I want an a6000. As it combines an evf plus tiltable screen with wifi. Which at the moment I need 2 bodies for. I do find I miss a tiltavle screen with the xe1. Bit now miss the evf when using the xm1 or f3

4. demiro

demiro TalkEmount Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    scottwillard3, most folks around here tend to long for the manual controls that Fuji offers. But if you feel the opposite there is no reason to not go with what you prefer.

I went from a 5N to an X-E1 to m4/3s and back to NEX with a 6. Lots of reasons for the various changes, but there is no perfect camera or system, at least that I am aware of.

• Like Like x 1
  5. scottwillard3

Feb 15, 2014
    What brought you back to nex?

I just don't feel as attached to the fuji as I did my nex. But I have some nice lenses for fuji and I don't know if sony can match

6. demiro

demiro TalkEmount Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    What brought me back to NEX was mostly boredom. m4/3s worked too well for me. Also my increasingly prevailing philosophy that I am better off having various cameras for various wants/needs, rather than trying to make one system do most everything. NEX with manual lenses satisfies my need to tinker around with stuff and search for nice old lenses. Very little to do with pure photographic priorities. Probably not helpful -- sorry!

• Like Like x 1
  7. scottwillard3

Feb 15, 2014
    That was what got me to nex in the first place. Got loads of manual focus lenses purely for it to be my digital back.

8. Pav

Pav TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 24, 2014
    I was invested with an x pro and x e1 with a pile of lenses. Bought into nex for superior focus peaking with legacy glass. Better hand grip. Cheap sigma primes. And with use of the laea2. I plan on getting a 500mm for birding :)
    I agree that there is no perfect system. But I love how I can adapt any lens to the nex, and also get quick phase detect on all a mount glass which is CHEAP. Just my two cents :)

Sent from my XT1033 using TalkEmount mobile app

9. Fiddler

Fiddler TalkEmount Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    Edinburgh
    Colin
    I have three NEX cameras and an X100S, Of the NEX cameras I prefer my NEX-7, because the control layout really suits me. The X100S is a different animal, but I like it just as much.

10. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Yohan
    I had a X100S for a period of time along with a NEX 7 + CZ 24mm. Wrote about the experience here: https://www.talkemount.com/showthread.php?t=2820.

IF you don't want to read it, the bullet points are:

- ended up staying with NEX 7 + CZ 24mm
    - X100S is a fun camera buy NEX 7 yields better results (for my needs) especially with the 24mm.
    - Both are too close in focal length so I had to pick one..

11. scottwillard3

Feb 15, 2014
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yohan thanks for the link. I read the whole thing, plus all the comments. I am thinking of trying to grab an nex with evf and run some side by side tests.

I do miss the tiltable evf on the xe1.

The cz24 is a very nice lens. An one I would like to own if I got back into nex.

What would you all recommend as a portait set for nex.

Currently have the 18-55 and 30mm sigma.

12. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    If you want a native mount go with the 501.8

If you don't mind manual focus there are a bunch. I really like my fd mount 851.8 and 100 2.8