Which of the three has faster auto zoom focus?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by alaios, Aug 10, 2013.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Dear all,
    I am an owner of a sigma 30mm, zoom kit 1855 lens, and the SEL16mm. I Would like to give my wife for her vacations one of these three lenses (she does not want to swap lenses and she favor the compact solutions). Which of the three you think has the faster and more good performing auto zoom capabilities?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help

Regards
    Alex

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Granted I don't use the kit lenses much anymore, but from what I remember the SEL16 has faster AF than the 18-55...
    I don't have the Sigma 30mm so I can't comment
    If she likes more "compact solutions" then I think the SEL16 is a no brainer - that combo could fit in your pocket (but the fixed 16mm FL is also very limited IMHO)

3. LightCentric

LightCentric TalkEmount Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    Saginaw, MI
    Andy Richards
    I guess I am confused by the question. Only one of the three lenses is a zoom lens. Not sure what autozoom means. Do you mean auto focus? Seems like the one with the widest aperture would be the fastest AF. But if she doesn't want to swap lenses, it seems like the zoom lens would be best. What is she shooting, and in what light conditions and how important is really fast AF. I have the 16-50 kit lens (which I dont use much because I love my Zeiss primes so much) and it AF's pleny fast in normal daylight conditions. For compactness, it is unbeatable.

4. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Yes I meant auto focus... too exhausted when I was writing that post. She would be shooting outdoors and some times indoors.Yes I meant auto focus... too exhausted when I was writing that post. She would be shooting outdoors and some times indoors.