• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Which Lens for Scottish road trip ?!

justa

TalkEmount Regular
Finally booked 2 weeks in Scotland this May - staying in 3 different places to try and see as much as possible :)

I've decided to buy another lens to replace/work alongside my kit 28-70. I've narrowed it down to either the 16-35 F4 or the 24-105 f4. I know they are very different but which will be best for my trip ?

I had decided on the 24-105 but then thought the 16mm wide end would be nice, its also a fair bit lighter which is always good !

thanks

Kiwi Paul

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
I would say the 16-35. You will be shooting lots of landscapes etc and 24mm would be restrictive. The 16-35 is an excellent lens I had one and sold it after I bought the 12-24.
The 24-105 is an excellent versatile lens and would be the choice if you were only travelling with one lens but I really feel you would benefit from having something wider than the 24mm it offers and the 16-35 will compliment you 28-70 nicely.

justa

TalkEmount Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Paul thats really useful.

So useful that as my local shop had a used 16-35 in at a good price I've bought one !

Hadn't really thought about keeping the 28-70 to compliment it but it really makes sense !

thanks again

Latest posts

Top Bottom