Which full-frame Sony body do you consider your PRIMARY camera?

Which full-frame Sony body do you consider your PRIMARY camera?

• Original A7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A7ii / A72

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A7iii / A73

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Original A7R

• A7Rii / A7RII / A7R2

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • A7Riii / A7RIII / A7R3

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • A7Riv / A7RIV / A7R4

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Original A7S

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A7Sii / A7S2

• Total voters

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
Sad to see no one voting on A7 original as it used to be my main camera... that stopped the instant I got the A7iii so I guess Sony is to blame. :laugh:

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
I'm surprised no one has an A7S. No videographers, I guess.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's an Riii for sale on a board right now for $1300.
I had to go look and found what must be the same one. A little rough but one heck of a price.
Maybe my garage needs cleaning.

And damn, but it makes some good large prints.

And it has camera apps.
Two excellent points in its favor, and I see them regularly dipping below $1k. I'd like to get an R model, and apps are nice (have a few on the A7ii), wish they had not dropped them. Hmmm.

Chris2500dk

TalkEmount Rookie
Upgrading my A7rii isn't an option for me right now, money is a little tight. It still works as good as the day I bought it, although it certainly has cosmetic scuffs, and I'm very used to it's quirks. And damn, but it makes some good large prints.

And it has camera apps.
Which apps do you use Tipton? I haven't gotten around to looking at them yet (and I've had a RX100ii with app support for 5 years :whistling:)

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
I've used Touchless Shutter, Smooth Reflection, Time Lapse and Star Trails. I think I''ve use some of the silly filters in Picture Effect +.

Drd1135

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Steve
The A7R3 because it’s my only FF Sony body. Still meaningful because I did have to choose which body to buy. The only body out of my price range at the time was the A9 which would not have been my first choice as I don’t need its speed and AF.

Last edited:

Biro

TalkEmount Regular
A7III is my primary with the original A7 as a backup. The A7 Classic still works fine despite the older sensor and no IBIS.

I recently sold off all of my APS-C Sony gear... out of frustration over the price Sony is charging for the A6600, which is essentially an A6400 with a bigger battery and a firmware update. So far, I haven't looked back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom