1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

which canon mount to buy

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Peeam, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Peeam

Peeam TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 28, 2014
    I am a new owner of nex-3N and stepping up from point and shoot. After going through many posts on this wonderful forum, I decided to buy a cheap telephoto lens which was described as - Vivitar 75-205 mm F/3.8 MC MF Lens For Canon. I have not received the lens as yet so cannot post a photo. I looking for help in purchasing a cheap leans adapter which I can foucs manually. I see a lot on ebay- Canon EF EOS lens adapter for sony nex.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Lens-Adapte...40&_nkw=canon+to+sony+e+mount+adapter&_sop=15

Are these the right ones ?

Thanks

PeeAm

2. f/otographer

f/otographer TalkEmount Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    It is most likely for the older Canon FD mount. If you can show us the lens we can make a more positive ID, but you will probably need the Canon FD to NEX adapter.

3. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Did you buy ef mount or fd mount? If you bought the ef mount manual lens, those (dumb-no electronic connection) adapters should work.

4. Peeam

Peeam TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 28, 2014
  5. f/otographer

f/otographer TalkEmount Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    I dont think that is the Canon FD mount. I believe it is the Pentax K mount.

6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I agree. It's not a Canon FD mount. But I have no Pentax mount lenses to compare it to.

What's more, the lens appears to have a 2X teleconverter on it. Can you remove it to see what the original lens mount looks like?

7. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Correct - not Canon FD ( I've got lots of them ) and certainly not Canon EF. It does look like Pentax although it's been a while since I've seen one. Personally, I would avoid Canon EF with a dumb adapter because the only control you have over aperture is in the adapter itself and ( in my experience ) it's awful to use. Canon FD lenses can be every bit as good ( if not better ) and have fully manual controls on the lens itself. HTH

8. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Needs a clean too :)

9. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    I'm staring at my Pentak K-mount 50/1.7, and it certainly looks like that mount. Take off the 2X adapter, though.

10. Peeam

Peeam TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 28, 2014
  11. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    You may want to wait to hear from more Pentax-knowledgable members, but yes, I would say you've found the right adapter. Good luck!