Which adapter for HVLF43M with NEX 7?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by OhPinchy, Feb 17, 2014.

1. OhPinchy

OhPinchy New to TalkEmount

Feb 8, 2014
    I've just received the HVLF43M (not HVLF43AM, think the difference is the former includes an LED video light, latter does not) and I didn't realise it wasn't compatible with the hot shoe on my NEX 7. Can anyone advise which hot shoe adapter I need in order to get this working with my NEX 7 on camera? I have an event this weekend I plan on using it at so am hoping to order online today, thanks!

2. OhPinchy

OhPinchy New to TalkEmount

Feb 8, 2014
    Thanks Jose, there's a few different adapter options out there it seems so getting confirmation on which is the right one is very useful, thanks!

3. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    No problem - it is a bit of a minefield with the Smart VS Accessory-Lock VS Multi-Interface across the NEX range!

Hopefully multi interface (as your flash is) is here to stay and will cause less confusion on newer bodies in the future (although smaller bodies will struggle to fit it on... So there may be a call for a mini version of some kind).

At least Accessory-Lock<>Multi-Interface is back/forward compatible with all the control pins being mapped through for TTL etc.