1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

When Using Manual Adapted Lens, the "M" or "S" Mode Doesn't Give Accurate Preview on LCD/EVF, norma

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Nex6, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Nex6

Nex6 TalkEmount Regular

Aug 16, 2013
    Dear all,

I am not a very experienced NEX user, NEX 6 is my first mirrorless. I read on the forums that people recommend shooting in M or A or S mode when having an adapted Manual lens on. I have a manual Canon FD 50 mm 1.8 lens right now, however, if I put the mode to "A" the preview of the image that I am about to shoot is reasonably pretty accurate in terms of how it compares to the final image (brightness, color, etc) after I pressed the shutter. However, if I use the M or the S mode, the preview is completely off. For example, if I change the shutter speed to really fast the preview still gives a bright looking image but when I pressed the shutter, I would actually get a very dark image. Because of this I find it extremely difficult to use the S or the M mode. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my camera?

Any input is appreciated!

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Try Menu|Setup|Live View Display|Setting Effect ON

That should get you where you want to go. Or maybe OFF is what you need. I forget. Opposite of where it is now, how's that? :)

3. Nex6

Nex6 TalkEmount Regular

Aug 16, 2013
    OMG!! it works!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! =D

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Whew! :dance3:

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Its the easy stuff that often confuses us.

6. Nex6

Nex6 TalkEmount Regular

Aug 16, 2013
  7. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    With it turned "ON" you get the lightening/darkening of the LCD/EVF.

8. macro

macro TalkEmount Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    New Zealand
    Danny Young
    Oh yeah, Live view is a must !!. It really does make the difference, I have switched it off for odd occasions for macro, but generally it needs to be on.

All the best and glad it worked out.

Danny.

9. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Even if the live view doesn't show the accurate exposure, the camera still writes if the exposure is correct or by how much it is off in stops down at the bottom of the screen (sorry, forgot the english name of this), so you always know whether your exposure is good or not (except for complete darkness, of course).

10. Nex6

Nex6 TalkEmount Regular

Aug 16, 2013
    Thanks everyone :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TalkNEX mobile app