1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

What's you bag? Help me find mine...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by neodraig, Sep 6, 2011.

1. neodraig

neodraig TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 6, 2011
    Hi everyone!
    I'm having a hard time finding a proper bag for my little NEX :(
    All the camera bags I can find are for DSLRs, so they're way too big for the NEX!

I'm looking for a bag where I can put my NEX-5 with a lens attached (Nokton 35mm 1.4) and two other small primes (one wide angle and a small tele), some accessories (batteries, memory cards, remote, filters...), a small tripod (like a gorillapod), my phone and a few more things (pen, notepad, geocaching stuff...).
    I don't want a backpack nor a bag wich looks like a camera/video bag.
    I would prefer a shoulder bag like a thin messenger bag but not too big: if it can accomodate a DSLR, it's no good for me :(

At a moment I considered the Domke F803 and the Retrospective 5 but the Domke doesn't have small pockets where I could put my accessories and the Retrospective 5 is too thick for me.

So at the moment the best soution, for me, will be to buy a small padded insert and put it in a regular canvas or leather messenger bag.

So maybe you could share your discoveries and maybe you've already found the ideal bag for the NEX...

2. heatherthevet

heatherthevet TalkEmount Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    I was looking at this one today -eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    I can't find a picture of the one I'm using just now, I'll maybe send a picture when I get a chance. Customised by my own fair scalpel!

3. Melv

Melv TalkEmount Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    Rotherham, U.K.
    Take a look at the Billingham range of camera bags; I have one and they are very good.

4. jimbo_wa

jimbo_wa New to TalkEmount

Sep 5, 2011
    I use the Domke F-5XB but that's probably too similar to the F803?

5. bandrews

bandrews New to TalkEmount

Sep 5, 2011
  6. Travisennis

Travisennis TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    I usually only carry my NEX and two lenses with so I have found my Lowepro Exchange to be more than adequate. It may not be the most padded bag, but I added some inserts from some of my older bags to the bottom and sides and I feel my gear is protected. If your kit is bigger than mine then it may not be adequate but it is a light bag and fits against my body quite well so I never worry about it when I'm walking around in a crowd. It's not a perfect bag, and I'm not sure there is such a thing, but for the price I can highly recommend it.