1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What's the difference between LA-EA1 and LA-EA2 lens mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Yadex, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Yadex

Yadex TalkEmount Regular

Jul 4, 2013
    New Jersey
  2. ecaggiani

ecaggiani TalkEmount Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Ed Caggiani
    The LA-EA2 supports full-time continuous phase detect AF. It packs the translucent mirror technology that gives you the benefit of DSLR's faster focusing ability. It kind of converts your mirrorless camera into a mirrored one ;-)

The LA-EA1 is just the physical adapter to use A-mount lenses, but won't give you phase detect AF.

3. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    If my memory is correct (an often dubious proposition), another difference is that the LA-EA1 gives you aperture control, but does not provide auto-focus for legacy AF lenses. The LA-EA2 provides both aperture control and auto-focus, although manual focus is still available.

- Tom -

4. Yadex

Yadex TalkEmount Regular

Jul 4, 2013
    New Jersey
    Oooook thanks for the info guys

5. ecaggiani

Jun 19, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Ed Caggiani
    Yes, thanks Tom for reminding me of that fact as well. The LA-EA2 works great for me, but it certainly does add some bulk to my tiny 3N. You should see how my wife's 70-300mm looks on my 3N... pretty ridiculous, but it works like a charm. Just need a tripod to keep it steady since it becomes so front-heavy.

6. Yadex

Yadex TalkEmount Regular

Jul 4, 2013
    New Jersey
    Post a pic to see how it looks!!!

7. ecaggiani

Jun 19, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Ed Caggiani
    Ok, here it is. Had to take this pic with my phone, so the quality is not up to par with what is usually posted in this forum :)

nex3n-300mm.

8. Yadex

Yadex TalkEmount Regular

Jul 4, 2013
    New Jersey
    Looks awesome
    I want it to get a lens like that 70-300 they have a Sony alpha on sale for $250 @ best buy