• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

What'd I do?

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Yesterday I went to a Porsche 356 Club concours and shot some pictures. I put freshly charged batteries in both cameras. I recently upgraded the firmware of the iii to the latest version.
For some reason the pictures from both cameras turned out great. I'm especially pleased with the colors from the SOOC jpegs.
I thought I'd turned the 'vivid' selection on, on the iii, but not sure if that is the case as I just looked and it says it's standard for everything.
Maybe instead of a new camera I need some new prime lenses.
DSC04768 (Large).JPG
ILCE-7M3    FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS    97mm    f/5.6    1/320s    ISO 100
DSC04777 (2).JPG
ILCE-7M3    FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS    40mm    f/7.1    1/500s    ISO 100

Yes that car was THAT yellow and those wheels were THAT black.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Was it the colors that were noticeably better or other things? Maybe the light was just really good on this occasion (seems so from the EXIF details).

Or you were on top of your game. Let's go with that. :)

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I think it was a combination of things.
Fresh batteries certainly didn't hurt. It was warm and humid, for So Cal. The cloud cover helped somewhat as the sun was in/out from behind them.
I was surprised by the colors. The fact that none of the pics was out of focus really surprised me. That may or may not be a result of the fresh software update, I don't know.
On top of my game? Well, it'd be nice to think that but I'm not sure that is/was the case.

As to info on the cars...they're Porsche's, what can I say? Those pictured are hot rods for the most part. It was a 356 Club meet so that is where the 'stock' cars could be found.

I will say I'm more than pleased with the performance of the 24-105 lens on the iii.
The 28-70 didn't do so bad on the ii IMO either.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I'm really glad this photo turned out as good as it did. At least I think it did.
DSC06659 (Large).JPG
ILCE-7M2    FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    49mm    f/9.0    1/100s    ISO 100

SOOC shot except for cropping.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Here is what my rudimentary photo program did with the above image

DSC06659 (Large)-1.jpg
ILCE-7M2    FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    49mm    f/9.0    1/100s    ISO 100

Brownie

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Yesterday I went to a Porsche 356 Club concours and shot some pictures. I put freshly charged batteries in both cameras. I recently upgraded the firmware of the iii to the latest version.
For some reason the pictures from both cameras turned out great. I'm especially pleased with the colors from the SOOC jpegs.
I thought I'd turned the 'vivid' selection on, on the iii, but not sure if that is the case as I just looked and it says it's standard for everything.
Maybe instead of a new camera I need some new prime lenses. View attachment 115846 View attachment 115847
Yes that car was THAT yellow and those wheels were THAT black.
New glass usually beats a new body. But then, here I am waiting for a new body to be released!

Biro

TalkEmount Veteran
Whether it was the camera or you... nice work. 356's remain my favorite Porsches. It's interesting that this club includes 912's, probably because they featured the four-cylinder 356 powerplant In the 911 body.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Whether it was the camera or you... nice work. 356's remain my favorite Porsches. It's interesting that this club includes 912's, probably because they featured the four-cylinder 356 powerplant In the 911 body.
The 356 Club is nice enough to include the 912 Registry group in their activities like this show. They are Porsche's after all and a lot of the owners of one type have cars of the other as well. The 912 used to be looked down on by most 900 series Porsche owners, but in the last few years those cars have become too pricey to risk driving on the street so the owner's have migrated to the 912's. The 912's have been a force here in SoCal for at least 15 years as there's been a group of them that are keepers of the faith. Back in the early 2000's they had a Rendezvous that had over 100 912's in attendance.
As they say, a 912 is one better than a 911. ?

Latest threads

Top Bottom