WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO MY LENS?

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Veteran
:shakehead:I most often leave the 28-70mm (kit lens for full frame cameras) on my Sony A6500 and grab that combination when an adopter comes by to adopt one of our rescue puppies. It's not a great lens but, good enough for that type of shooting. Well, I grabbed the A6500 to shoot an adopter with her new puppy and had all kinds of crazy low light focusing problems. The lens searched and had a hard time locking focus.
:dance:Problem was that I didn't have my glasses on. I had purchased an NEX-7 camera on eBay which came with the older 18-55mm lens and that was the lens that I had on my camera for the shot.
:laugh1:After that crappy performance, the lens is due for a trip to eBay for whatever I can get for it. I didn't expect to buy a camera with a lens when I was looking on eBay but, this was a good price for even a body alone. So whatever price I get for this lens will just reduce the rice that I paid for the NEX...
:hmmm:I was quite surprised that the AF performance or the full-frame kit lens appeared so much better than the AF of the 18-55mm. Perhaps there is a flaw in my copy of that lens...

bdbits

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Bob
The 18-55 is quite a bit older being one of the earliest emount lenses and a kit lens, and as far as I recall was never updated. That may explain why the newer lens performs better.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
I've not had a problem with AF that I can recall with my copy of the 18-55 on my a6000 or A7II in crop mode. It does have the firmware update though.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom