What is your lighting gear

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by alaios, Jan 30, 2014.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi there I wanted to ask people to share their lighting gear they have.
    Currently I only have a cigarette lighter :p  but is a time for me to go for an investment.

Regards
    Alex

P.S For flashes please include models too

2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    I have 5 manual flashes (big ones), lambency diffusers for them, 3 umbrellas (translucent, reflective and reflective with diffuser), Allacax Next II flash transmitter and three receivers, 2 lightning stands (but use ordinary tripod mostly). I usually use 2 flashes, the others are used if I need to take flash photos in large rooms. Some table top tripods too, they are pretty useful with lambency diffusers.

I packed for weekend trip 3 flashes this time. Going to experiment with 2 lambency diffusers and diffused umbrella with my parents and use just two lambencys for a friends kid (boy of 6 years, no hope going to use umbrella with him). A couple of bounce cards are packed too. My fried has got several pets and I hope to get few photographs out of them too (lambency setup may work too).

3. Joe Fotosiamo

Joe Fotosiamo TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 29, 2014
    I own 2 Paul Buff Einsteins, but use as many as 6 Einsteins at a time. I use a white 22" beauty dish with AND without the grid. Less so with a front sock. I also use the soft silver parabolic light modifier umbrella (PLM) and the extreme silver PLM as both fill and key light, and both open face and with a front sock.

I do use everything from strip boxes to 8.5" strobe reflector, etc. I basically can and do use a variety of light modifiers in studio and on location. The BD is my favorite, though.

Now here is an example of using a socked PLM as key, along with a open face PLM as a subtle rim light, camera right

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5z9ggEcvy77QjBTdzJJQ2FQSlE/edit?usp=sharing

4. michelb

michelb TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 27, 2013
    Greater Montreal area in Quebec, Canada
    Michel Brien
    Studio stuff (but not enough time/room to use regularly):
    2X Elinchrom D-Lite it 4
    1x elinchrom D-lite it 2
    and a full set of light modifiers, stands and background support

Alpha stuff
    HVL-F60M/F20M
    HVL-F58AM/ F56AM X 2/ F43AM X 2/F42AM/F36AM/ F20AM X 2
    Minolta 5600HSD X 2/ 3600HSD/ 2500D
    Plus the bounce reflectors/ external packs/ cables/ adapters

older Minolta stuff (part of strobist kit)
    Auto Electroflash 360PX X 4 with AC adapters, panel set, bounce reflectors, Power Grip 2
    Auto Electroflash 320X X 3 with AC, power grip 1
    i just love the above with their 9 power levels in 1/2 stops and the fact in can use AC power all day and even though they date back to the late '70's/'80's, they are all within 1/10 stop from one another and just keep on flashing

Minolta 4000AF X 3 with AC adapt, panel sets and bounce reflectors

all of the above strobist is used with an assortment of iShoot PT-04 wireless triggers (of course in Manual flash mode) and metered using either Minolta FlashMeter IV/ V or AutoMeter V

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.