What is your lighting gear

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by alaios, Jan 30, 2014.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Hi there I wanted to ask people to share their lighting gear they have.
    Currently I only have a cigarette lighter :p but is a time for me to go for an investment.

P.S For flashes please include models too
  2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    I have 5 manual flashes (big ones), lambency diffusers for them, 3 umbrellas (translucent, reflective and reflective with diffuser), Allacax Next II flash transmitter and three receivers, 2 lightning stands (but use ordinary tripod mostly). I usually use 2 flashes, the others are used if I need to take flash photos in large rooms. Some table top tripods too, they are pretty useful with lambency diffusers.

I packed for weekend trip 3 flashes this time. Going to experiment with 2 lambency diffusers and diffused umbrella with my parents and use just two lambencys for a friends kid (boy of 6 years, no hope going to use umbrella with him). A couple of bounce cards are packed too. My fried has got several pets and I hope to get few photographs out of them too (lambency setup may work too).
  3. Joe Fotosiamo

Joe Fotosiamo TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 29, 2014
    I own 2 Paul Buff Einsteins, but use as many as 6 Einsteins at a time. I use a white 22" beauty dish with AND without the grid. Less so with a front sock. I also use the soft silver parabolic light modifier umbrella (PLM) and the extreme silver PLM as both fill and key light, and both open face and with a front sock.

I do use everything from strip boxes to 8.5" strobe reflector, etc. I basically can and do use a variety of light modifiers in studio and on location. The BD is my favorite, though.

Now here is an example of using a socked PLM as key, along with a open face PLM as a subtle rim light, camera right

4. michelb

michelb TalkEmount Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    Greater Montreal area in Quebec, Canada
    Michel Brien
    Studio stuff (but not enough time/room to use regularly):
    2X Elinchrom D-Lite it 4
    1x elinchrom D-lite it 2
    and a full set of light modifiers, stands and background support

Alpha stuff
    HVL-F58AM/ F56AM X 2/ F43AM X 2/F42AM/F36AM/ F20AM X 2
    Minolta 5600HSD X 2/ 3600HSD/ 2500D
    Plus the bounce reflectors/ external packs/ cables/ adapters

older Minolta stuff (part of strobist kit)
    Auto Electroflash 360PX X 4 with AC adapters, panel set, bounce reflectors, Power Grip 2
    Auto Electroflash 320X X 3 with AC, power grip 1
    i just love the above with their 9 power levels in 1/2 stops and the fact in can use AC power all day and even though they date back to the late '70's/'80's, they are all within 1/10 stop from one another and just keep on flashing

Minolta 4000AF X 3 with AC adapt, panel sets and bounce reflectors

all of the above strobist is used with an assortment of iShoot PT-04 wireless triggers (of course in Manual flash mode) and metered using either Minolta FlashMeter IV/ V or AutoMeter V