• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

What Is It About Old Nikkors?

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
My first SLR was an FTb with spot metering, love it but eventually, over years ended with Nikons...still cannot fault that FTb and lenses in any way.

Have no clue why I changed...more like I might have bought a Nikkormat EL as experiment...and like the film grabs...

Zenith

TalkEmount Regular
Same here, I like Canon 100 2.8 L Macro, I have lot of luck if it being adapted on Sony, decent focus not E mount type speed but decent, IS is light years better than Sony's, renders great colors, it is sharp. Actually I sold 100-400GM and 200-600G
SN209059.jpg

Here's another case of a desirable (IMO) lens attached to what looks to be a fairly nice old Nikon film camera.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/108057981

Nikon Nikkormat FT2 w/Micro-Nikkor 55 2.8 lens (And it's a black body camera too!)
The Micro-Nikkor 2.8/55 can suffer from oily aperture blades. I've had mine cleaned twice and sold it off after the problem reappeared for the third time. And mind you, it was serviced by the official Nikon representative in The Netherlands, which did a good job in general.

• Agree
Reactions: WNG

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
The Micro-Nikkor 2.8/55 can suffer from oily aperture blades. I've had mine cleaned twice and sold it off after the problem reappeared for the third time. And mind you, it was serviced by the official Nikon representative in The Netherlands, which did a good job in general.
I guess I've never seen oily blades that are so oily they wouldn't work when manually stopped down. :confused-69:

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Mostly not, but I have an old Vivitar 2/24 (Kiron made) that is very reluctant to stop down past f/5.6, and the older Minolta MC W.Rokkor 2.8/35 can be quite stubborn as well.
Not saying it can't happen, Ad. I guess I've been lucky in that it's never happened to me. [Now that I've jinxed myself it will probably rear its ugly head.]

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
Re the Micro; good to know, though don't use it much.
Have to inspect it, sort of odd ball for me, buried.

Latest posts

Top Bottom