What Is It About Old Nikkors?

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Always on Auto, LTM Nikkors are rare. Some glass is special glass, but that mount is something not seen (by me) too often. Bet it is a beauty too.

Last edited:

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
It is one of my 'keepers' for sure as it was my dad's lens used on his Canon VI-T.

Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
More certain this lens is not only rare, but its its affect on images must be so refined. Lovely lens.

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
I have looked for one and they are rare, indeed, and spendy!

Last edited:

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
It's funny, I don't have a Nikkor 50 1.4 lens. I get to jonesing for one at times, but then I remember I have the 1.2 and a Series E 1.8 that don't get used already so why get one. Now days it would probably be easier for me to find a nice 1.4 attached to a camera I'd like to own, but then it wouldn't get used either since it'd probably be a film camera.
AOA, why not go "smaller, less espensive" by selling the larger 1.2 to find a decent 1.4. What I finally did. Small to me is good, particularly when the proceeds are beneficial. The 1.2 plus adaptor must be substantial...not ciriticizng, just wondering.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I used to feel the same way about manual focus Canon lenses. IMO, the FD 50mm f/1.8 was superior in image quality to the EOS 50mm f/1.8 Mk-2 (nifty-fifty). I used the FD 50mm f/1.8 extensively but, never really used the nifty-fifty to any great degree.
The one I had literally fell apart and I replaced it with a 50mm f/1.8 Mk-I which I still did not use all that often either. This was probably because I had the 50mm focal length very well covered by my 17-55mm f/2.8 IS lens which lived on one of my two Canon DSLR cameras.
OTOH, I use the Sony 50mm f/1.8 OSS lens quite often on my Sony APSC cameras even though I have that focal length covered by the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 lens...

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
A quick comparo of the two lenses with adapters mounted. Surprisingly, the smaller of the two seems to weigh less
more than the bigger, but that is just a lift them and feel sense, I have no scale to actually weigh them.
DSC03143 (2).JPG
DSC03144 (2).JPG

Last edited:

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
AoA from the wording, surely you mean the LTM out weighed its big brother...If so, would not surprise me. Still, for me, if so, and was less bulky, it gets a shot, to a point.

Not complaining. Use of old lenses is so neat; however, one thing is the adapter lug length does make adapted lenses bulky, but c'est la vie! We deal with it, and it ain't gonna change. Guess why I like the wee rough and tumble (P&I) cameras.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Yeah, I got that backwards. The smaller weighs more than the bigger. Sheesh, what was I thinking and typing there? The brass in the LTM is weighty indeed.

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
Yeah, I got that backwards. The smaller weighs more than the bigger. Sheesh, what was I thinking and typing there? The brass in the LTM is weighty indeed.
Dig, We all do that, sometimes we catch it, sometimes we do not..."que sera!" Was not pinging you, just being sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom