• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

What if Sony puts an RX100 in an Xperia ... they did!!! Sony Xperia Pro-I

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Well, “RX100 in an Experia” comes with an awful lot of caveats, such as only using a 12MP crop of a 20MP sensor. But yeah, these phone cameras keep getting better and better. I could easily see me leaving all of my “real” camera gear at home on some “family vacation” types of trips with that in my pocket. But I can’t see me getting rid of my A7RIV any time soon. Nor paying US$1,800 for a phone. o_O

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ovidiu
Well, “RX100 in an Experia” comes with an awful lot of caveats, such as only using a 12MP crop of a 20MP sensor. But yeah, these phone cameras keep getting better and better. I could easily see me leaving all of my “real” camera gear at home on some “family vacation” types of trips with that in my pocket. But I can’t see me getting rid of my A7RIV any time soon. Nor paying US$1,800 for a phone. o_O
I agree, I refuse to pay more than 1K for a phone and even that is a stretch ... but life happens all the time, whether you have your camera with you or not but the phone never leaves my side so having a better phone is better. I think the reason for the big crop is the fact that they couldn't squeeze a bigger lens to cover more of the sensor. Sony has the upper hand on UI and usability for us who know photography and I do find myself annoyed when I miss that on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G ... and with the computational AI photography features that Google just showed on their Pixel 6 I see the usability of smartphones for imaging getting a lot better and faster at it then CaNikSonOlyPanySigLeiPenRicho

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I refuse to pay more than approx two to maybe three hundred USD-equiv --- for the foreseeable future. I'd have to have a major change in need/value to alter that.

Even that much money depends on me thinking of it as a pocket computer, not a telephone. A telephone? maybe $10! The rest is the rest.

Latest threads

Top Bottom