1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

What got me excited...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by AlwaysOnAuto, Sep 18, 2016.

1. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    ...about the FM2 I found on Craig's List awhile ago, are a couple of things.
    Besides the lens, the shutter of the camera itself. For youngsters this may be hard to fathom, but for someone who was around when they first came out it was a thing of mechanical marvel. A shutter that could fire at 1/4000 of a second and it was all mechanical. These came out shortly after I'd already bought my FE after much convincing of the wife. Of course GAS set in almost overnight once they hit the shelves.
    Now days that speed isn't saying much, but back then it was the cat's pajamas.

DSC06283.JPG

DSC06282.JPG

DSC06285.JPG

Thanks for letting me share these pictures. They were taken with my A7ii w/Micro Nikkor 55.

• Like Like x 11
  2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Excellent find.
    BTW, cool coffee mug. :D

3. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Thanks Will, guess it takes an owner to spot the mug. :coffee-26:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

Killer camera, gotta love the titanium shutter curtains.
    I'd really love to shoot one of these old babies with a modern 24MP FF sensor. No chimp-screen, menus or other BS. Just the original controls, battery + meter, card slot, RAW only - everything else in post. Oh well ...

5. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    For $6,000 (body only), the Leica M-D 262 will do just that.

The Leica M-D 262 Review with 28 Summilux f/1.4, part 1 by Steve Huff

6. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

Thanks, Chris. Quite a revolution (in the literal sense) but I never really bonded with my ex- film Leicas and would still prefer an SLR.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    I can see putting the sensor guts from an A7ii into the body of the FM. Might be kind of hard to integrate the manual controls with the electronics of the IBIS but I'm sure some electro-mechanical genius could figure it out.
    I'll have to take some comparison shots as the bodies are not that much different physically in size, believe it or not.