1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What do you usually do in lightroom?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by jtso, Aug 31, 2011.

1. jtso

jtso New to TalkEmount

Aug 30, 2011
    Since I am a newbie in playing with RAW file, I am curious what everyone is doing in lightroom. So far for my images, I set the auto lens correction, auto adjust tone, and auto whitebalance. In addition, for 3200iso photos, I reduce luminance noise to 100 value. I find that sometimes the auto whitebalance is not as good as original, so I ll probably leave that out in the future.

I guess the lens correction is always a must, except for fish eye.

2. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    Oh, now there's a question... Well, I use Lightroom 3 to import RAW photographs from my cameras to edit, catalogue and share. Editing; depending on the photograph I'll decide whether to make a copy an convert to B&W. Then I'll adjust the photograph for sharpness, cropping, vignette etc until I'm happy with the result. Cataloguing; I'll add a keyword it two to describe the photograph, and use smart folders to keep related photos together. Sharing; well, I can and do email them, show them on Flickr via the various groups I'm in and any other ways. I rarely print photographs via Lightroom as ice yet to figure out how to get printed, what I see on my MacBook Pro. Haven't yet figured out to how to set up a profile. There's other things that can be done with Lightroom that I've yet to try but I find it to be one of the best photo software programmes out there.

Cheers, Macjim.

3. mr_slava

mr_slava TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 24, 2011
    Canada, ON
    Didn't pay attention to the product before and used it as you are for photo conversion, nothing else. But this was while ago before I have found and read tremendous book called "The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book for Digital Photographers" by "Scott Kelby", I believe issued in July 2010. You may probably find it on web in PDF format (if you know where). This book made the Lightroom my #1 choice and I do not use anything else any longer. If I need something special I use plug-ins, but this not happen very often. Another source for tips on the product is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips . Try to find the book and you will be surprised what can you do with tool you have!

Best regards,
    Slava