We've moved to a new server. Hows it going?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    We've moved to a new server, which should have more resources. One good thing about the new host is that future upgrades should be seamless.

How does performance seem so far? Better? Worse?

The Gallery uploads were broken, and I fixed that. Attachment thumbnails aren't appearing, and I'm working on that.

Any other glitches?
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    If any of your posts form yesterday are missing, please see this post for an explanation and means by which to access them.
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Okaaaaay, so I completely broke all the forums and got in over my head trying to make them faster. I think I've undone that problem but that still leaves the performance not exactly where I want it on the new servers.

I'm still working on things but hopefully won't mess up as big as I did today. A big SORRY to everyone who encountered all the craziness today.
  4. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    No problem. It's definitely a bit faster now! But most important, we now have enough capacity for much more members. ;)

Thanks for the support, Amin!
  5. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Okay, I just did some more tweaking for site performance, and I am now officially done messing with it other than bug fixes. Please report any issues in this thread. If you notice a performance improvement, I'd be interested to know that as well!
  7. tomrock

tomrock TalkEmount Regular

Sep 18, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    I couldn't log on yesterday but everything seems fine now.