Went to Niagra Falls yesterday

TedG954

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf
A7R2 with Sony 24-105/4

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
Having never been to the falls, I am surprised the city is so close.

I always think of these things are out away from civilization. I was shocked when I realized the Great Pyramids are right on the edge of Cairo and the Alamo is right in the middle of San Antonio

TedG954

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf

I always think of these things are out away from civilization. I was shocked when I realized the Great Pyramids are right on the edge of Cairo and the Alamo is right in the middle of San Antonio
The Falls are literally just on the other side of the buildings in the skyline photo.

TedG954

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf

Just to add, that is why I enjoy seeing posts from other countries that I'll never be able to visit. To see the real side of a culture is fascinating to me. So, if I go somewhere, I like to share the experience for those who may never get to visit.... or inspire them to go.

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro

I had exactly the same impression until I visited last March! I think careful camera work has been responsible for maintaining the remote look, but the illusion is busted the minute you arrive.

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
Here's some from my wife and I. High elevation ones are from the revolving restaurant atop The Skylon tower.
OOC jpegs... Will see if the raws look any better later.

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jeff
We've never been to the Canadian side of Niagara. We have been to the NY side 3 times in 10 yrs. I've got to say the surrounding area is getting better but it's still a dump. Dirty, expensive, run down and no good way to get in and out of the area. $25 to park a motorcycle in a off property lot is crazy.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
We've never been to the Canadian side of Niagara. We have been to the NY side 3 times in 10 yrs. I've got to say the surrounding area is getting better but it's still a dump. Dirty, expensive, run down and no good way to get in and out of the area. $25 to park a motorcycle in a off property lot is crazy.
The Canadian side is much nicer albeit touristy. I guess you can say the Canadian side is a bit like Las Vegas, while the NY side is a bit like Atlantic City. :D

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom