1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Welcome to the Fall Challenge

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by dixeyk, Oct 14, 2012.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I decided to occupy myself this Fall with a photographic challenge (and also a way of giving me a way to not get completely absorbed in my new job). Seeing as we are a small but growing community I would love to have some company. The rules are simple. Post a picture a day (or more if you feel so inclined). I myself am planning to up the ante by sticking with a single lens. I haven't decided which yet. Another option would be one focal length or perhaps a single subject matter or photos taken at at certain time of day. It really is pretty open. No matter...I'd love to have company. On your first post let us know what your particular "challenge" is and then post away. Don't forget to check back and see what others have posted...or just me if I'm the only one. It's a great way to share and have some fun while challenging ourselves photographically.

So kickoff is tomorrow October 15th. Ladies and gentlemen, start your cameras...

Just to clarify...the images do not have to have ANYTHING to do with Fall. For one it's only Fall in some places and two the point if this challenge is just to get folks sharing images.

2. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    This is a great initiative and I'd love to participate but I've had nearly no time with my camera this month, and from next week I am traveling a lot till November (for work), so I can't really guarantee any kind of participation - will bring the camera with me of course! Maybe I will drop in a couple shots from time to time. Thanks for starting this though, I look forward to enjoying the results!

3. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    I am willing to participate, that sounds interesting, you want use a single lens?
    one focal length? or subject ?:)

4. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    You can simply just post an image a day (or as often as you find convenient). I think for myself I am going to choose to shoot with a single focal length in black and white but I leave how folks want to challenge themselves up to them.

5. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I like to keep thinks low key. If you can post that's great but i certainly know how life has a funny way of intruding...as much or as little as you can make it is great. I'm looking forward to seeing the pats as well. I think that's a large art of the fun.

6. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Nice. I'm in!

7. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    I'm all in !! Not really sure I'll stick with the "one lens" concept, but I'll try to keep my posts fall centered. so my opening contribution fits right in :

9a1310b24668090d834d5a638b70950f_af9.

Grrr, except even though I pasted the URL of a larger version, I still have the annoying little thumbnail sized image showing. If someone can help me with this, if not my hair might not survive this fall due to being pulled out ;)

8. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    You might have to post your photos (resized to a specific size by you) onto a separate server and place them here. I use Photobucket... there are many others.

9. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Same... problem is we're now spring time in the southern hemisphere :)

10. ChangshaNotes

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    I can't do fall pics either really. It's technically autumn here but no fall colours in south central China.

11. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    It's not about fall "colors" ! It's about joining together and celebrating our enthusiasm for photography and companionship. As Kevin said, you can post pretty much anything you want, your imposed limitations are yours. In other words, the sky is the limit !!

12. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Here is my first,

egatubad.

13. ChangshaNotes

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    October 15th - Day one

DSC00161-M.

NEX 7 w/ 18-55 kit

14. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    The Fall Challenge just refers to the fact that it's Fall where I live. It's open for any sort of images. I should have thought of that before I named it...perhaps it'll become Year End challenge or something of that sort. No matter, post what you like. Subject matter is entirely up to you.

15. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Hiking from Saturday. 5n + CV40/1.4

20121013-DSC01125.

16. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Neighborhood walk from Sunday. Also CV 40/1.4
    20121014-DSC01156.

17. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    Will attempt, need the challenge, but can't do it all the time

Since I really want to take some pictures with my LTM lenses, I'll try to use the challenge in that vein

Day 1: Reflections out the office window. Canon 50mm/1.8 @ f4, 1/100th, ISO 125

18. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Finally made it...I have decided my challenge setup will be using my Konica 40/1.8 and in BW. I have never really been a fan of that FL of a lens on m43 or the NEX because it seemed neither fish nor fowl (although I liked it a lot on film) so now is my time to learn to love it.

8129171955_e353dac364_b.
    Walker by dixeyk, on Flickr

19. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
  20. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    10/16/12 day 2