1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Welcome from New Zealand...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Dioptrick, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Hello from New Zealand...

My first post :)

I lost interest in photography around about the same time when film disappeared and the digital age ushered in the pixel. Although I used various digital compacts and entry level DSLRs since, I only used those when I needed to (for family gatherings and some work related product photography)... but the thrill was well and truly gone. I think it may have something to do with substantial mechanical and optical excellence taking the back seat to the dinky-wobbly feel of plastics, perhaps.

Just before Christmas, I spotted the Sony NEX-5N - quite by accident... hmmmmm, metal body, metal lenses, mirrorless rangefinder configuration! After a bit of research, I eventually bought the twin lens kit (16mm prime & 18-55mm zoom) because I like the way it feels and the even the way it sounds. The bonus of course is that it takes incredibly good photos! It seems that many other people also feel the same way about this camera.

I may not have as much time for this rekindled hobby of mine this time around, but the Sony NEX-5N has somehow brought back a measure of passion and much of what I used to love about photography!

2. DjordjeJ

DjordjeJ TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 13, 2012
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I am new to NEX cameras as well. Welcome to forum. I have seen Your shots You post, and they are great. Cheers.

3. jebuskrust

jebuskrust TalkEmount Regular

Sep 16, 2011
    Limassol, Cyprus
    Welcome to Talknex, Dioptrick :)

4. lapdog99

lapdog99 TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Colorado
    Always great to hear from a Kiwi. Wonderful country. Now get out there and shoot!

5. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Cheers! :)

I can't, it raining, lol...

6. hodad66

hodad66 Sony Guru

Feb 8, 2012
    Indialantic, Fl
    John
    welcome....