Watermark

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by ChangshaNotes, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    I need to watermark a series of photographs my university wants to use. I'm not a fan of watermarks so I've been trying to come up with something that won't be over-layed on the photo itself.

How does this seem to you guys?

By the way, this is not one of the photos being used, just an example.

i-BMjJzHs-1200x1200.

2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Tastefully done, but this will not prevent misuse of picture on the internet, printed ones are more safe probably.

3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Works for me. But isn't the whole point of watermarking to (theoretically) prevent others from using your photos? That one would be pretty easily cropped out, I think.

4. Darren L

Darren L TalkEmount Rookie

Jul 27, 2013
    Southeastern PA
    Agree with WoodWorks I used to shoot dirt track racing and I tried to be nice and use my watermark tasteful but people just cropped out it anyway.

5. ChangshaNotes

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Thanks for weighing in guys, I should have said that it's for a brochure which will have other people's photos as well and I'm sure no mention of who shot what. Students are making it and I can make sure they include the border.

6. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Doesn't using that watermark means that you'd have to have the border in every photo?

I can see its use though, since I'd imagine you'd want a photo description/title added to every photo for the brochure (like the example above which I imagine "Yingzi" is the name of the dog)

7. ChangshaNotes

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Yeah Nick, it's his name and the the photos would all have this border (or one like it).

8. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    I would probably go with just one color in the border, to keep distraction from the actual image to a minimum. You might also want to play around with fonts a bit - that standard "Times New Roman" seems rather plain-vanilla and I would definitely lose the italics. But that's just me - HTH! :p