1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Waterfalls

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by WoodWorks, May 6, 2013.

1. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I stumbled across this website that catalogs all of the major waterfalls in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. the other day, and it motivated me to get out on the motorcycle and visit some of the nearby cascades. Here are a few, all shot with the NEX-6 and either the Voigtländer Color Skopar 25mm f/4, the Sony SELP1650, or the Sony SEL1018:

8714923410_4068d34a65_c.
    Barr Creek Falls.jpg by Holzwerk, on Flickr

8713818655_bdecf5bd71_c.
    Mill Creek Falls.jpg by Holzwerk, on Flickr

8713824763_cb9721d5c4_c.
    Watson Falls.jpg by Holzwerk, on Flickr

8714956194_6df23897de_c.
    Toketee Falls.jpg by Holzwerk, on Flickr

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I've ridden past these falls dozens of times, but have never stopped to view them until recently. My only excuse is that the roads up to Crater Lake along the Rogue River, and then down again along the Umpqua River are motorcycle heaven, and stopping for anything but gas seemed to be missing the point entirely. I promise to do better in the future.

I have a few others (and will be adding more as I visit them) on my Flickr page.

And yes, I did stop at Crater Lake.

8713922249_d4dc6bb9d5_b.
    Crater Lake.jpg by Holzwerk, on Flickr

I know that several of you have taken some great shots of waterfalls, so please feel free to add your own waterfall photos to this thread.

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    These are great! Watson Falls looks very similar to Multnomah Falls. Love the Crater Lake shot. And I know well the motorcycle dilemma- I bought the bike to get to places to take pics. Unfortunately riding the bike was so much fun I spent much more time riding than I did picture taking.

Oh, and here's a shot I took yesterday of the big concrete waterfall on the Snake River. It's called Ice Harbor Falls, er… Dam. ;)

CV28/ND400 @ f/16 for a 4 second exposure (should have put the 21 on the 5N for this, but I left it at home)
    ice_harbor130505_16.

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice collection, some of those are so neat.

4. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Very nice shots.

Tony

5. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    The Crater Lake panorama looks awesome! Love the perspective.

6. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    The shots of Watson and Toketee are gorgeous!

7. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    I agree very well done