Waiting for the rain to end

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by addieleman, May 10, 2016.

1. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    i-rdvpmR7-X3.

• Like Like x 9
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice photo Ad !
    Looks like very difficult lighting conditions with you and the people in front of you standing in the dark and the foreground being so bright with the sun reflecting ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Thanks! It wasn't that difficult actually. I dialled in an underexposure of 1 stop, gambling that the A7's dynamic range would take care of the shadows and it did. In my experience a -1 stop correction almost always accounts for the highlights to be preserved, except for a sun-disc of course. Some post-processing was done in Lightroom, didn't even need to take it to Photoshop.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yeah the A7 dynamic range comes handy in these situations :)  How much did you boost the shadows and lowered the highlights in post? Just out of curiosity

5. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I was a bit surprised myself that I only took the Whites slider down :) . Some local adjustments were made however, mostly toning down some highlights and blackening some shadow areas.
    i-KKkDDQh.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.