• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Waiting for the rain to end

Ad Dieleman

Amateur
i-rdvpmR7-X3.jpg
ILCE-7    FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS    24mm    f/8.0    1/1250s    ISO 100

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Nice photo Ad !
Looks like very difficult lighting conditions with you and the people in front of you standing in the dark and the foreground being so bright with the sun reflecting ;)

Ad Dieleman

Amateur
Nice photo Ad !
Looks like very difficult lighting conditions with you and the people in front of you standing in the dark and the foreground being so bright with the sun reflecting ;)
Thanks! It wasn't that difficult actually. I dialled in an underexposure of 1 stop, gambling that the A7's dynamic range would take care of the shadows and it did. In my experience a -1 stop correction almost always accounts for the highlights to be preserved, except for a sun-disc of course. Some post-processing was done in Lightroom, didn't even need to take it to Photoshop.

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Thanks! It wasn't that difficult actually. I dialled in an underexposure of 1 stop, gambling that the A7's dynamic range would take care of the shadows and it did. In my experience a -1 stop correction almost always accounts for the highlights to be preserved, except for a sun-disc of course. Some post-processing was done in Lightroom, didn't even need to take it to Photoshop.
Yeah the A7 dynamic range comes handy in these situations :) How much did you boost the shadows and lowered the highlights in post? Just out of curiosity

Ad Dieleman

Amateur
Yeah the A7 dynamic range comes handy in these situations :) How much did you boost the shadows and lowered the highlights in post? Just out of curiosity
I was a bit surprised myself that I only took the Whites slider down :). Some local adjustments were made however, mostly toning down some highlights and blackening some shadow areas.
i-KKkDDQh.png
   ---            

Latest threads

Top Bottom