1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Voigtlander Primes

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by jaz1943, Sep 8, 2014.

1. jaz1943

jaz1943 New to TalkEmount

Sep 8, 2014
    Banning, CA
    Allen Jaszcar
    I use Voigtlander 50, 35 and 21mm primes on my Sony A7 and A6000. Excellent lenses in both bokeh, color rendition and sharpness. Some samples attached from A7:

. 9uda6y2u. 21mm f4

tabury7a. 35mm f1.7

a6eva8e7. 50mm f1.5

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Woof! What happened to the blues in those images, Allen? They look waaaaaaay over saturated, and I can see halos around the tree limbs on the left side. The foreground looks plenty sharp and contrasty, if a bit "HDRy," but the mountains in the background and the sky look very strange to me. :hmmm:

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)

3. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    :thiagree: with David about the over saturated blue on the mountains...overall everything else looks good!
    Thanks for sharing and keep posting...hope you don't mind a little bit of criticism(?)

4. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    I use a Nokton 40 1.4 on my NEX-7. It's my favourite lens.

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome.

I agree, a bit too heavy on the editing, but nice sharpness throughout.

6. jaz1943

Sep 8, 2014
    Banning, CA
    Allen Jaszcar
    I realize their a little saturated but I am learning to use these lenses on my A7(sold) and now my A6000. I was mainly concerned with sharpness. By the way, I used a Voigtlander VM adapter on my A7 and on my A6000 I am using the Voigtlander VM II adapter and in manual focus the photos come out slightly out of focus. The Sony Kit lens in manual focus is ok. Any suggestions??

7. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Are the aperture and focal lengths the same for each pair of photos between the Sony kit lens and the various Voigtländers? It may not be a focus problem so much as it is a depth-of-field (too narrow) or shutter speed (too slow) problem.

Can you post some samples with the relevant EXIF data?

8. jaz1943

Sep 8, 2014
    Banning, CA
    Allen Jaszcar
    Problem solved. I had the camera set in Program Auto, changed to Aperture Priority and all is well.. thanks

9. van

van TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    Yup, I'm loving the Voigtlander VM lenses too. The 21mm F4 in particular is amazing for it's size (Been keen to try the 21mm 1.8, which most say is amazing) The one thing I'm not a fan of is the focusing tab, which is found on most of the really small ones. A small quibble...