1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Showcase Voigtlander Color Skopar 35mm f/2.5 C

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Bimjo, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Another of the incredibly tiny CV lenses, this the 35mm f/2.5. 5N/CV35, some shot with the helicoid adapter extended to allow closer focus, because like generally all rangefinder lenses, the CVs don't focus very close compared to slr lenses in the same focal range.

fall_color121102_08.

fall_color121102_11a.

fall_color121102_14.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    How about a little light snow?

light_snow121230_03a.

light_snow130124_04.

light_snow130124_09.

And a bit of Christmas cheer?

xmas121201_02.

xmas121215_02.

• Like Like x 3
  3. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Vow, another Voigtlander and good samples:) I think the pattern of the tactile cones in the snow is the best.

How is is performing on nex, any corner issues? I tried one with m43 and the corners weren't the best so I returned. Maybe I should have kept it as it is very small lens and the prices were lower compared to now.

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    No corner issues that I've noted so far, but we are just beginning our journeys. This may be my favorite focal length on the 5N for general use. But, I did just pick up a 28 that I still need to put through its paces so we'll have to see. ;)

5. RalllyFan

RalllyFan TalkEmount Regular

Dec 2, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Tom
    The CV 35 seldom comes off my NEX. It's a great size and weight, I like the focal length, and I love the way it renders. I've taken hundreds of shots with it and never noticed any corner issues myself.

6. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Hmmm... the 35 seems to have been somewhat neglected the second half of this year. Going to have to fix that next year. ;)

bridges130329_08.

daffs130328_01.

memorial_tears130527.

tower_moon130313_01.

• Like Like x 5
  7. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    This is a great series. Usually I don't care for flower pics at all but this is more than passable (think I saw it before here). The last two are my faves.

8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Thanks Ad, most of these are reposts, just gathering them into one place to make it easier for people to do lens searches.

9. nathanh

nathanh TalkEmount Regular

Jan 23, 2015
    Anyone shooting this on full frame?

10. MAubrey

MAubrey TalkEmount Top Veteran

I wish. I had this lens for my E-M5 back in 2012. Wouldn't mind having another copy.

11. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    I bought it to use it with 12MP m43 along with the nex camera I had and send the lens back after seeing the smeared the corners with m43 camera... M43 has even thicker sensor topping then Sony cameras... That might be one of the reasons that you might not see dust with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. siftu

siftu TalkEmount Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    Well first day with this lens and a Kolari thin filter modded A7.

Q6cmsSJh.

and at f2.8 (I think)

N4RDsZLh.

The Kolari mod certainly fixes up the corners on the FF sensor. There are color shifts so I applied the LR camera profile and then WB tweaks. My sensor is filthy I found out :(

You can zone focus this lens and walk around and shoot.

• Like Like x 4