• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Showcase Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 Nokton Classic M.C.

Yohan

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Yohan
Hi, Yohan

Wonderful lens. Small and lightweight, fits in well with the Nex. I have the Voigtlander 40mm 1.4.

Hi Luiz. I've had the 5N only for a few days. And the lens even less. It does make a very compact combo. I thought about the 40/1.4 as well. It came down to the FL at the end. Seems like you have no shortage of lenses there.

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Hi Yohan,
Great lens!

I bought one a week ago and have taken tons of shots with it wide open @ F1.4 and it's brilliant. Focusing on the NEX7 is really easy.
Cheers,
Paul

Yohan

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Yohan

Yohan

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Yohan
Hi Yohan,
Great lens!

I bought one a week ago and have taken tons of shots with it wide open @ F1.4 and it's brilliant. Focusing on the NEX7 is really easy.
Cheers,
Paul

Hope to see some of your samples here, Paul!

Yohan

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Yohan
It is really a great lens! You shot wide open? Great colors, contrast and sharp.

I think it's fairly smooth/soft between 1.4-1.8. 2.0 is where it picks up sharpness noticeably, and around 2.8, it's pretty good. But that's just my experience so far. My manual focus skills will obviously affect the outcome.

Those shots were a mix of f1.4 to f2.8.

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Hope to see some of your samples here, Paul!

Hi Yohan,
I love this lens! Here's a shot taken in church against the light.
Details: Nex-7 with Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 Nokton Classic M.C.
ISO: 640, 1/100th @ F1.4
JAB in Church (1 of 1).jpg
   ---            

Cheers,
Paul

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Hi Yohan,
I love this lens! Here's a shot taken in church against the light.
Details: Nex-7 with Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 Nokton Classic M.C.
ISO: 640, 1/100th @ F1.4
View attachment 1193
Cheers,
Paul

Man, that's a really neat backdrop, great textures and the lighting is... well, divine!? :eek: You gotta go find an old monk and retake this shot! :D

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Man, that's a really neat backdrop, great textures and the lighting is... well, divine!? :eek: You gotta go find an old monk and retake this shot! :D

LOL, my son might be disappointed that the old monk took his place!

Anyway, this shot was taken after my son's birthday, we'd just given him a Sony point & shoot, as a present, and he wanted to try it out!
Cheers,
Paul

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Yohan, that last set looks so professionally done. They remind me of the sort of photos that are available from photo-banks. You are really good with people shots, and have an awesome group of friends. Thanks for sharing... beautiful lens! :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom