1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Voigtländer 15mm lens for E-mount!

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by addieleman, Mar 5, 2016.

1. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Andromeda143

Andromeda143 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 19, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia
    Clive Dickinson
    Yes, I saw that too. They are also promising the 12mm and 10mm f/5.6 for e-mount soon. I was about to buy a second hand 21mm f/4 Color Skopar for M-mount, but now I am wondering if they may release that one for e-mount later on.

3. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Exciting news of more support for the E-mount. Looks like it's going to be a very nice lens.
    Unfortunately, I just bought a Rokinon 14mm f2.8 E-mount in my impatience. A great lens for the money, but adapted, not optimized for MILC like this new lens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rayvonn

rayvonn TalkEmount Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    An essential purchase for the A7 if the lens is as good as I'm hoping it's going to be. I mean it should be, it's a FF Voigtlander, but don't forget, the 10.5mm for m43 wasn't as good as people were hoping.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    I bought that lens too, well the Samyang branded version, it's a bit of a monster and I weren't impressed with the edges, maybe I didn't play around with it enough and needed to adjust my focus points to minimise the edge distortion and blur.
    But I got a used 15mm Voiglander Mk2 with e mount adaptor and that thing is very compact and the IQ is fine, a bit of edge blur if the focus isn't quite right but once familiar it really is a super lens and just so compact!!

Paul

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    The CV 15mm M version is out for a year or so and it is even very good on Sony:
    Showcase - Voigtlander 15mm f4.5 Super Wide Heliar
    Showcase - Voigtlander VM 15 mm F 4,5 Super Wide Heliar aspherical III
    Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5 III vs Sony Zeiss FE 16-35mm f/4 - Part 2

• Like Like x 1
  7. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I've loved what I've seen from this lens (atleast for the M mount on a Sony) but $800 (which would be €800 here) is a lot for me IMO - I prefer to save another €200 and get the zeiss 16-35/4...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    How is that? The 1635Z retails for $1350. If you are talking used or grey market then you would need to apply the same discounts to the CV. I actually think the CV is reasonably priced based on what you would expect to pay for a quality FF prime UWA. The 1635Z is actually overpriced against the competition.

9. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    You're right - I was talking "grey" import price for the 16-35 :)
    Although, I don't think (or see) the Voigtlander will be sold through the shop I'm referring to.

Whatever prices you guys get over there, we get them in euro, so an $800 lens there, would most likely cost 800€ here and in the end that's a minimum 200€ difference :(

Regarding the 16-35 being overpriced, I would agree, but unfortunately its the only FE uwa option zoom we currently have...

10. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
  11. Xterra

Xterra TalkEmount Regular

Feb 8, 2016
    Strasbourg, France
    David
    I just ordered it :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xterra

Xterra TalkEmount Regular

Feb 8, 2016
    Strasbourg, France
    David
    I sell you my 16-35 for €1000 once I have the Voigtländer

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  13. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Appreciated :) I can get the 16-35 new for €1000ish here ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. nathanh

nathanh TalkEmount Regular

Jan 23, 2015
    I've had both the 16-35 and the Voigtländer and I left the Sony at home a lot more. Finally sold it. Unless you need the 35mm end, the Voigtlander is smaller lighter wider.

Even if it wasn't cheaper I'd still make the same choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1