1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Vivitar Series 1 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by TonyTurley, May 3, 2013.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Anyone else have one of these lenses? (I didn't find anything using the forum search.) I found one on eBay for a decent price, and there are a fair number of nice looking images on Flickr that were said to be taken with this lens.

This one completes my lens buying, unless I run across something that is a really good deal. My stock of Vivitar lenses covers about any FL that I need. I'll post some images when it arrives.

Tony

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Interesting

Sounds interesting. The Vivitar 1's are usually pretty good, and it is a useful range.

3. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I'm somewhat disappointed. The lens I received was different than the stock photo shown in the auction listing. It is a fully auto lens, without an aperture ring. I was looking forward to seeing what this lens could do, but I've contacted the seller about arranging a refund. Bummer.

Tony

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Ya that sucks when sellers are not honest.

5. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I don't think he was being dishonest; mix-ups happen. He agreed to a refund. I have had a couple of eBay issues where the other party wasn't honest, but those have been, thankfully, rare.

Tony

6. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I finally found another one on eBay at a palatable price. This one was labled as "Promaster Spectrum 7", but from a bit of reading, it appears to be the same lens from Cosina, just rebadged. In the photos it looked brand new, and it clearly had the aperture ring, so I decided to take the chance. I've ordered a Nikon F - NEX adapter. I'm amazed at some of the prices for these "plastic fantastic" lenses on eBay. I've seen them listed for as much as $300. Yikes.

Tony